My new gorgeous woma!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglelover01

Reaction score
I picked this beauty up a couple of weeks ago for a bargain price, as she wasn't wanted anymore!? Apparently she got too big and they were scared of her(research certainly helps!) she was basically ignored except for feeds, which was an adult rat a week...which is why she's now on a diet cause she's extremely chubby! Anyway, she shed yesterday so I thought it a perfect opportunity to snap a few pics off.
ryhusuty.jpg
e9asyna5.jpg
mebesyve.jpg
4u6yte9e.jpg
a6u8y5y7.jpg

They definitely should! I think they were hoping for a snake the size of a spotted. I'm not complaining though...I got her for a steal and her temperament is beautiful! (they were amazed when I grabbed her straight out of her tank for a cuddle when I picked her up)

They definitely should! I think they were hoping for a snake the size of a spotted. I'm not complaining though...I got her for a steal and her temperament is beautiful! (they were amazed when I grabbed her straight out of her tank for a cuddle when I picked her up)
Aw, awesome! Good luck with her!

Big thumbs up and congrats on the new addition :)

Congrats on your new addition. Womas are gorgeous snakes. In some of the pictures she looks a little bit like one of mine. A very pretty girl.

How old is she? Hopefully there is no permanent damage from her previous diet.

Aww she looks like a big (scaly) teddy bear! I'd have picked her right up for a snuggle as well. Good on you giving her a new home :D I expect more pictures on my desk by Tuesday!

x

Congrats on your new addition. Womas are gorgeous snakes. In some of the pictures she looks a little bit like one of mine. A very pretty girl.

How old is she? Hopefully there is no permanent damage from her previous diet.

Going by her paperwork she's nearly 4 yrs old...she's very alert and strong, just a little ungainly due to being a little plump...so I think she'll be fine with a little streamlining

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm really happy with her...I've got quite a few carpets, but I've been wanting to look at keeping woma's and Bhp's for a while...so she's a perfect way to kick things off.

Going by her paperwork she's nearly 4 yrs old...she's very alert and strong, just a little ungainly due to being a little plump...so I think she'll be fine with a little streamlining������
Is she really plump? I thought that I could see the lines down her back?

Is she really plump? I thought that I could see the lines down her back?

She's got a pretty sizable girth...the majority of woma's I've seen are fairly stocky naturally, but i was thinking she was a little on the larger side when I first got her. There was a huge difference in size where her tail started(she looked like one of those long clown trick balloons) i felt a large adult rat every week was too much too often(and I don't think she had enough heat and room to move in her previous home) at her age. She did a massive crap yesterday and hasn't eaten for a few weeks, so I'm thinking that's why that nice muscular line is starting to show down her back. She was completely round when I picked her up. She seems happy and active now after settling in, so I'm thinking I'll get her something to munch on in the next couple of days :)

She's got a pretty sizable girth...the majority of woma's I've seen are fairly stocky naturally, but i was thinking she was a little on the larger side when I first got her. There was a huge difference in size where her tail started(she looked like one of those long clown trick balloons) i felt a large adult rat every week was too much too often(and I don't think she had enough heat and room to move in her previous home) at her age. She did a massive crap yesterday and hasn't eaten for a few weeks, so I'm thinking that's why that nice muscular line is starting to show down her back. She was completely round when I picked her up. She seems happy and active now after settling in, so I'm thinking I'll get her something to munch on in the next couple of days :)
Fair enough, my woma eats once a month and it is a 200 g to 230 g rat. I think that she looks nice in the pictures but sometimes pictures can not tell the whole story. Also I only have one woma so I am no expert it is only my opinion.

Congrats Junglelover01, she's a beauty! :D

Fair enough, my woma eats once a month and it is a 200 g to 230 g rat. I think that she looks nice in the pictures but sometimes pictures can not tell the whole story. Also I only have one woma so I am no expert it is only my opinion.

I'm by no means an expert either and welcome any constructive comments/advice:) I wish I had the presence of mind to post a shot when I got her for comparison, but I haven't taken any till today, as I didn't wanna stress her while she was settling in. As you said she's looking good and seems leaner and brighter just in the few weeks I've had her. I'm gonna keep her on the size rats she's used to, but just reduce the frequency of the feeds I think and see how she fares:)

I'm by no means an expert either and welcome any constructive comments/advice:) I wish I had the presence of mind to post a shot when I got her for comparison, but I haven't taken any till today, as I didn't wanna stress her while she was settling in. As you said she's looking good and seems leaner and brighter just in the few weeks I've had her. I'm gonna keep her on the size rats she's used to, but just reduce the frequency of the feeds I think and see how she fares:)
That sounds like a good plan, I must admit that I got the wrong impression at the start and thought you were saying they were the photos of her when you first got her. I don't doubt that she may have been or even still is a bit overweight but thought she looked quite good in the photos. Like you say though if she has lost a bit of weight then you are on the right track and have a good looking snake. Sorry about the confussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back