my newest family member

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglebenn

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just wanna show everyone my newest family member.
this is ally my 5 year old female lace monitor.
fairly calm for a lacey. can be handfed cautiously. I don't do this yet but previous owner could.
can b trusted to roam the room on occasion.

im very happy with her. what do u all think?

Attachments

• IMG_0280[1].jpg
    IMG_0280[1].jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7070[1].jpg
    IMG_7070[1].jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20131120_174425[1].jpg
    IMG_20131120_174425[1].jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 68
I don't keep monitors but i feel like having wire in the enclosure could cause injurys.

I don't keep monitors but i feel like having wire in the enclosure could cause injurys.
the wire is actually invisiguard screen mesh and all edges are on the outside of the enclosure. the ramp has silicone covering all adges and a alloy frame strip covering. all precautions have been taken for her safety.. I do see ur original concern though. but I assure u it is safe even for slithering snakes 2 cross

That second pic is epic - I love the silhouette!

I'm interested in the wire mesh too. I have it covering the vents on my python enclosures and find they sometimes rub their noses on it to the point of flaking off skin/scales.

Obviously monitors are very different but have you encountered any problems so far?

My concern is that she might get her claws caught in the mesh and now that lawra mentions it the rubbing on the mesh could be a problem to nice lacey would love one myself just need space

and in case ne1 notices.. the photo of her on the ramp is the temp ramp she has for when I clean/sterilize her enclosure.

- - - Updated - - -

the mesh is coated with a kiddy safe kind of softened plastic/powdercoat. I always look it over for damage or wear from claws but nothing to date. I monitor all my enclosures for safety issues I may have overlooked during construction. always learning what u can and cant do

No worries it looks like bird wire to me if its got some plastic coating it should be alright not trying to have a go just was trying to help.

Cool! A little more education for all of us :) Thank you

I love lacies and would love to own a bells phase one day.

Did you own other monitors before this one? I've spoken to a few people about lacies and they've all recommended I gain experience by owning ackies etc before going to a lace but tbh I'm not overly interested in them.

No worries it looks like bird wire to me if its got some plastic coating it should be alright not trying to have a go just was trying to help.
all good. was taken the right way. I completely understand the concern. thanks for showing ur concern.

- - - Updated - - -

no she is my first monitor. I done very extensive research and spent a lot of time with her whilst she was with previous owner b4 I took ownership. I don't like 2 sell pets, once I got a pet I keep 4 life. didn't want to waste time with a species I didn't want so I made sure to gain experience from a mate who breeds laceys first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back