My Poor Little Girl, Advice would be appreciated.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today hasnt been a good one for me guys, crashed my parents car through a fence first up and i doubt its going to be cheap to fix.

More importantly and altogether worse is my poor little central netted dragon (female) called Delilah passed away.

Im not sure how, she ate two days ago, 4 crickets which is good for her size. She has been fine with my male (who is larger than her, but i was told by the breeder they were being kept together, perhaps bullying occured?) and so im pretty much stumped could anyone help me shed some light on this unfortunate event?

RIP Delilah "She didnt deserve this"

RIP Delilah
its alright mate, these things happen. How old was the netted when you got her? and sorry but do you mind me asking, if your 14/15.... why were you driving?

i only got the netted a few months back and she was doing fine and settling in very well, so thats why it came as such a shock to me.

In regards to your question about me driving, i was moving the car from my brothers garage too much accleration...

Auuu that sucks for you though if it makes you feel any better a broke my uncles knee moving his troopy for him.....hay he shoulda told me he left it in reverse and he shouldnt have been standing behind the viechale he he he na it was my fault.

RIP Delilah. I heard so many good things about her from you :'( Seen pics, she was gorgeous. RIP again!

Might sound harsh but you shouldn't have been driving the car in the first place. No harm intended, lucky nobody got hurt.

On another note - I'm so sorry to hear about Delilah!! It's terrible when a beloved pet leaves you. I'm sure it must be especially frustrating because you don't know the actual cause of death.
RIP Delilah :(

Could she have dehydrated at all? In this weather it's the only reason I could think of. Maybe she was sick and nobody knew? Could be a number of things... could your vet possibly do some kind of autopsy (of you had the money) to find out the exact reason or something?

m beardie i havent actually got any pictures of her... that would be the male Samson..... fritzi i can drive although im not so sure after this incident and on private property you are alowed to drive without a permit. I was thinking dehydration but she was always swimming about and i did mist the enclosure so she was getting water. I have already burried her so i dont want to dig her back up to take her to a vet, which in hindsite was probably the best idea.

m beardie i havent actually got any pictures of her... that would be the male Samson..... fritzi i can drive although im not so sure after this incident and on private property you are alowed to drive without a permit. I was thinking dehydration but she was always swimming about and i did mist the enclosure so she was getting water. I have already burried her so i dont want to dig her back up to take her to a vet, which in hindsite was probably the best idea.

Fair enough, just wondering! My parents would have never let me drive until I got my L's regardless lol :)
Oh I see. Yeah don't beat yourself up to much, you couldn't have possibly seen it coming, it sounds like she was acting perfectly normal.
Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry to hear about your little girl, i know you cared for her greatly and its disapointing that this has happened. Keep your chin up pal, good things happen to those who persist through the bad times.

Do you know how old the animal was?
You do know netteds have a short lifespan in comparison
to other reps. The oldest one we had made it to 8yo

Thanks for the kind words bigi and thanks for helping me out. I was aware that netteds have a short life span but i bought them of Daniel at Extreme Pets, the male was 14 months and the female was 10 months.

Arrrr REPTILEFAN ...alot of people FAIL to understand that kids who grow up on property DRIVE at an earlier age ...only on private ground of course ;)
My kids were driving by the time they could reach the pedals ..they would take my Hubbys holden ute down to the creek at the back of our property and go swimming all day then drive it back up to home ..with 1 driving and 3 sitting on the back with two dogs and sometimes one of my daughters cat would go for a ride ...My kids were 13, 11 ,10 & 8 (at the time)and could drive the ute well enough ..except my 13 year old crashed the ute into the gate post ,after my hubby just fixed it a week earlier cause the horse kicked his front panel when it was having a great old time chasing our dogs ..anyway cars are only material things and I am sure mum and dad wont be mad for to long as you are ok ...
Sorry about your Lizard ,,very sad to lose a pet ...

Last edited:
Thanks RBB i can count on you to make me feel less like an idiot!! Mum and Dad were suprisingly alright with it, so thats a good thing!

Thanks RBB i can count on you to make me feel less like an idiot!! Mum and Dad were suprisingly alright with it, so thats a good thing!
I love those days ..all my kids are grown now 22 20 19 and 17 all are driving their own cars and 3 have left home ...its only a short time you have kids at home with you ...
Just becareful when driving around on the property ..and if you intend to get speed up wear a seat belt ...;)

Usually calcium issues lead to a dragons early demise, and it doesn't always matter if your using UV or dusting. Did she have eggs in her? as that could of caused the problem.

I wasnt sure if she was gravid she had been with the male and i was fairly comfident i had seen them doing the deed.... but im not sure....

Im now worried about my male, he didnt eat today and hasnt eaten since Wednesday, he is looking a little skinny, can anyone help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back