My red-eyed Tree Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got my little red-eyed Tree Frog yesterday and he's great! His water doesn't have a heater but he has UV Lights. The caresheets for this particular breed said that they strive in room temperature and heaters aren't needed, only in winter. Once my baby Bearded Dragon moves into a bigger enclosure (happening in a few weeks), my RTF is moving into the Exoterra enclosure. His name is Freddo. Bahaha

Picture1051.jpg

Enclosure
Picture1031.jpg

Picture1032.jpg

Picture1053.jpg

Picture1056.jpg

Picture1047.jpg

I love it at night when all is quiet and all of a sudden you hear this tiny croak =D He's so gorgeous.

beautiful! he's so little. i went to the australian reptile park today at gosford and fell in love with these guys all over again... just convinced myself they're too hard and i should get some kind of dragon instead...

Why are they too hard? I think they are relatively easy as long as you keep the water clean, which is hard to do since they get covered in dirt then jump in :p

I've seen smaller and cuter..but he is gorgeous! And looks like he would be loving him home. :)

They are extremely hard to get from tadpole to a decent size frog!!!!!

Verynice. I am thnking of get some soon.

I had so many tadpoles but they are just so hard to get feeding well, even some that feed well just seem to die anyway. I haven't had a problem with the GTF's, only the red eyes. I was going to start selling some of, but nature has taken care of that. Now I will be keeping pretty much all my Red Eyes, they are still so tiny.

Whats the difference between the one in the pic and the ones with bright red eyes and blue sides? Sorry for the rooky question!

Has anyone tried not putting anything other than distilled water in with them?? Rainwater and filtered water, but keep away from tap water. Might help?? I never put anything other than rain/ distilled or filtered in with my GTF's and it had great results (11+yrs worth of results mind you) :D

Beautiful froggy Horsy, they are very cute.

I use tap water, but have filters in with them, with no problems yet, thats for 2 years.

The ones with blue sides, are from south america. But they share the same name.

Red Eye

Hi Horsy,

Can I ask where you go your Red-Eyed Tree Frog from? I've been chasing one for ages..

Cheers,
Andrew

Whats the difference between the one in the pic and the ones with bright red eyes and blue sides? Sorry for the rooky question!

Those are from South America and share the same common name as our Aussie red-eyes, whose scientific name is Litoria chloris.

I use tap water for my frogs and just treat it with a chlorine neutraliser.

do you need a licence with RTF & GTF ???
And how much is for the licence if needed ????

Yea in NSW u need a licence, i think it costs the same or just a little bit cheaper to a reptile licence, like 40 - 60 $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back