My reptile journey starts...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkee

Reaction score
Hi all, After many years of trying to get my snake-hating husband to allow a reptile in the house, I finally have my reptile licence. Still no snake yet.....

My 10 year daughter always goes straight to a snake whenever she sees one on display, and I have photos of her with them from about 4 years old. Well she told us that she wants a turtle, and she has researched these reptiles as pet, putting together a word document the size of a small book! We were impressed with her effort and knowledge, so tomorrow we pick up our eastern long neck turtle hatchling.

I also have a lovely female Phlogiellus (australian tarantula), that I have had for 3 and a half years.

Looking forward to chatting. :lol:

got pics of your t? do you know what species it is? how big is it?

Welcome to APS!!

Be careful, the reptile keeping bug has started to spread its germs over Australian keepers causing us to be addicted, you will be next! lol

Welcome to APS and make sure you post plenty of pics of your T.

Cameron

Pics

Hi all, thanks for the welcome.

Here is a photo of our newly acquired eastern snake-necked turtle hatchling.

Here is also a photo of Harriet, my T. She is about 12cm leg span and moulting every 6 months so growing rapidly. The plastic container you can see in the photo is the container I transferred her back into her enclosure when I had to clean it out recently. She is in a two foot tank.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Turtle.jpg
    Turtle.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Harriet.jpg
    Harriet.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back