my staffy is having pups....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks alot bluereptile nice to know there is one decent person out there............not saying your the only one!!

Beautiful pups Noah, so cute n chunky :D got a soft spot for the tan ones! Hope they continue to do well and find good responsible loving homes.

why dont you just back off and give the guy a brake, btw awesome pups noah

How about not ;) The BSL is real and is threatening ANY "bull" type breed. Anyone who is responsible would realise this and not breed their bull-type dogs. Anyone who doesn't had best keep their head down and hope their dogs never run amuck.

I hope for your sake, Noah, that no one accuses your dogs of being pit bulls. I hope too, that the puppies actually find good forever homes and don't end up in horrible situations =/

no one will coz their not! they wil only be goin to good homes.........and if the parents nature is anything to go by i hve nothing to worry bout as they r both beautifu gentle dogs as will be the pups!! u can think what u like i never asked for your input on what this thread as ended up so in future keep your opinions to yourelf coz they r not wanted here!!

How about not ;) The BSL is real and is threatening ANY "bull" type breed. Anyone who is responsible would realise this and not breed their bull-type dogs. Anyone who doesn't had best keep their head down and hope their dogs never run amuck.

I hope for your sake, Noah, that no one accuses your dogs of being pit bulls. I hope too, that the puppies actually find good forever homes and don't end up in horrible situations =/

"bull" type dogs can be one of the most loyal and best dogs, they are definaltly one of my favorite breeds

Congrats on the Pups. Very cute. I have a 6 yo Female English Staffy that we rescued from an abusive home when she was 2. With lots of love and care she is the most gentle, loyal and dog I've ever owned.
Can't believe all the rubbish about dangerous dogs breeds. The problem is PEOPLE don't know how to condition their dogs behaviour. If you watch Dog Whisperer (Ceasar Millan) the proof is there. He rehabilitates hundreds of problem dogs and it's always the owners not understanding the "pack" dynamic dogs need.

i could say so many things on this thread due to all the cans of worms it has opened but i wont apart from this -
lullaby, im sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard..." their dogs, it doesnt matter" what is that sposed to mean? "they only stay puppies for about a month so get them while u can" that sounds so bad and i really hope u have a think about what u r saying.
no 1 - no dog is only a pup for about a month, i understand what u mean by means of playing and that puppy stage but im fairly sure a pup is still going to act like one at 4 months..
and no 2 - get them while u can...? what the heck? seriously... think b4 u type.
i do not agree with unregistered breeding... at all.
in saying all this, Noah, congrats they look beautiful and i hope they grow up to lead happy lives :)

They're dogs - will they really care in the long run that they were brought home from their mothers 2 weeks before usual? They're on solid food. They don't need their mothers any more. She's a better behaved dog than any other dog in the park when we're there. We don't have to chase her to come back and she plays well with other dogs. When I took her to the vet the next day to get vaccinations, michrochips ect, they didn't say it was a problem.

Get them while you can - You can only enjoy them being tiny tiny pups for a month. I know they act like a pup for 2 years, but my dog is almost one, and she's 45 kilos. The was the size of a little football when I got her. I got the experience of having the cutest puppy for an extra 2 weeks. Why does that sound "so bad"?

If this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard, then lucky you.

"bull" type dogs can be one of the most loyal and best dogs, they are definaltly one of my favorite breeds

I agree =) I think they're wonderful dogs, when they've been brought up in a good environment, of course. Im not at all hating on the breed/s. Im just trying to point out that BSL targets anything that LOOKS like a pit bull terrier, no matter how what they are. Of course, many people don't even really know what they look like anymore. I know that Staffordshire Bull Terriers (the "keg on legs" breed xD) are starting to come into the spotlight, right after Amstaffs.

Noah, my point was that a lot of people can't distinguish between amstaffs and APBT anymore. If your dogs ever come into a confrontation with anyone (and sincerely, I hope they don't), and someone accuses them of being pit bulls, you cannot by law prove other wise unless you have the papers from a registered breeder. The breed itself isn't dangerous, but unfortunately the general public doesn't see it that way.

Just for interests sake, does anyone remember Tango, the Amstaff in Queensland? The final ruling was:

"[45] In this case there is unchallenged evidence as to the identity of the APBT and the
AmStaff. The conclusion that I draw from that evidence is that the name “American
Staffordshire Terrier” is a name which was adopted in the United States of America
for purposes of promotion or other similar reasons and that that name was applied to
American Pit Bull Terriers. All the evidence points to the same dog being given
different names, that is, American Pit Bull Terrier or American Staffordshire
Terrier, so that a dog recognised as being of one of those “breeds” is the same as a
dog identified as being of the other “breed”. That practice appears to have been
adopted in Australia. It follows then that the views held by the Council when it
entered into the “consent order” were unfounded and that there is no difference
between an APBT and AmStaff. Therefore, as I am satisfied that the applicant has
demonstrated that Tango is an AmStaff it follows that Tango is also an ABPT and is
thus subject to the restrictions under the local laws referred above.
Conclusion
[46] The applicant is not the owner of the dog the subject of this application. The dog
“Tango” is an American Pit Bull Terrier and is, thus, subject to the Council’s
Subordinate Local Law No. 12 (Keeping and Control of Animals) 2007.
[47] The application is dismissed. I will hear the parties as to costs.
14 At 303."

If a court sees it this way in Queensland, how long will it take for others to take on the same opinion?

Information on the BSL:
Endangered Dog Breeds Association of Australia

Tango's story:
$500,000 to keep dog off death row Gold Coast Top Story | goldcoast.com.au | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

I wonder how many of those dogs will be sent to the pound and destroyed due to the lack of papers.

You sir, are a backyard breeder. If you want to do it properly, spend the money and get yourself a prefix. If you don't want to spend the money, one must ask why you want to breed dogs in the first place, hm?

DITTO....

Maybe with all the money your gonna make from this litter you could pay to get yourself a prefix and be a responsible breeder...
Would be interested to know what sort of research you did into both the sire and the bitch before you let them breed...did you look into the previous generations before breeding them to see if you would be doubling up on any faults etc? ...a RESPONSIBLE breeder would have.
...and letting them go at 6 weeks is just irresponsible...cant you wait 2 extra weeks to get all your money in from the pups??

sorry if it sounds harsh but as a responsible and registered breeder i have seen many times the effects of backyard breeding and its the poor dogs that suffer in the end because they were just bred for the dollars.

"Noah, my point was that a lot of people can't distinguish between amstaffs and APBT anymore."

"[45] In this case there is unchallenged evidence as to the identity of the APBT and the
AmStaff. The conclusion that I draw from that evidence is that the name “American
Staffordshire Terrier” is a name which was adopted in the United States of America
for purposes of promotion or other similar reasons and that that name was applied to
American Pit Bull Terriers. All the evidence points to the same dog being given
different names"

There is no difference between an Amstaff and an APBT. These dogs can be incredibly beautiful and loyal companions. To pretend however that they are not the same breed is ridiculous.

I beg to differ. As far as I know, they come from the same dogs, but their breeding hence forth has been very different. Do you have any proper documentation of their histories? It is an interesting topic =D I believe Amstaffs were bred for showing purposes since APBT were put onto the restricted list and therefore couldn't be shown. I agree that the breeds are very close indeed, but not the "one in the same".

Sorry, here's the information from the people that know.
http://dogsqueensland.org.au/News.aspx?id=217

Last edited:
I was watching one of the animal rescue shows the other day and they got a call out to a pit bull that was in a park...The owner was arguing that it was not a Pitty but an Am Staff...Before they just destroyed the dog, they had to do DNA testing to confirm that it was in fact a Pitty...Now how could they do this if they are in fact the same breed?
I know that people who own Pitty's call them Am Staffs on the microchips and registration papers to get away with it, but they are different breeds.
If someone can PROVE otherwise, feel free.

One thing that interests me is how they can use DNA to distinguish between breeds of dog when they are all the one species (C. lupus familiarus).. If anyone can give me an answer to this it'd be much appreciated as I have been wondering for a while. I'd understand if they used it to prove heritage, if comapred to the DNA of parent dogs etc.

On the same note, I know of someone who had a pure bred, papered dog tested with this DNA testing and their dog came out as a 3 breed mix.

View attachment 153744View attachment 153743View attachment 153742hey all just thought iView attachment 153741 would update this thread....the pups are now 7 weeks old eating me out of house and home....lol all beautiful and healthy pups here is some new pics....View attachment 153740
pencil.png

Hey Noah, attachments didn't work, would love to see how the litter is going :D

Absolutely agree with Aiigaru and KellieF. Backyard breeders get NO sympathy or positive thoughts from me. They are the irresponsible ones who usually have NO idea what they're doing, in regards to everything about breeding and rearing pups. And as such, they are the ones mainly responsible for pups being abandoned and sent to death row because they don't give sh**t who their puppies go to! It's all about the money folks! No good breeder should be able to make a profit on their puppies. The cost of food, health checks, vaccinations, gear for raising them will usually be more than what they are sold for. Plus then there's the unexpected, what if mum had complications during birth and needed a $1000 emergency surgery? What if something was wrong with the pups, costing money again, or if they were exposed to parvo?

Have the sire and dam been health checked for any hereditary problems or diseases they might pass onto the pups? Have you looked at their lineage? Absolute no idea at all, and it's very irresponsible, and don't try to say its not because everything you say can and will be backfired upon. IT'S IRRESPONSIBLE AND THAT'S ALL THEIR IS TO IT. Whether you see that or not I don't know, but obviously you don't or you wouldn't do it.

As everyone else said aswell, 6 weeks is way to young. Just because they are weaned from mum doesn't mean she isn't still teaching them lessons and boundaries which they will use for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. Not only mum, they are still learning boundaries and how to interact with other dogs by playing with their litter mates. If you can't wait 2 extra weeks for your money, so they can learn these (one of them being bite inhibition), well... Once again, irresponsible for the puppies AND their future owners.

I won't be coming back to this thread, backyard breeders make me rather angry and I don't want to see what excuse you come up with. Other than that, I hope the puppies go to good homes and live good lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back