My Staffy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be nit picky,but theres no such thing as English Staffy.
We have APBTs,American Staffies,and Staffordshire bull terriers:)

I have a Blue staffy,a staffy x amstaffy,and a staffy x everything.. i also do rescue for these breeds and mixes of them.

One i rehomed recently to a lovely member of this forum!!

indie-2.jpg

Indie

IMG_0708copy.jpg

Lewis

hmmm cant find a Sage (cross bred) piccie ...Better upload some more to PB

This is my dog Taj, hes a purebred labrador and is about 8 months old.

Attachments

• P110708_11.25[03].JPG
    P110708_11.25[03].JPG
    34 KB · Views: 45
  • P110708_11.24[04].jpg
    P110708_11.24[04].jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 49
  • P270608_13.03.JPG
    P270608_13.03.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 53
Not trying to be nit picky,but theres no such thing as English Staffy.
We have APBTs,American Staffies,and Staffordshire bull terriers:)

I have a Blue staffy,a staffy x amstaffy,and a staffy x everything.. i also do rescue for these breeds and mixes of them.

One i rehomed recently to a lovely member of this forum!!

indie-2.jpg

Indie

IMG_0708copy.jpg

Lewis

hmmm cant find a Sage (cross bred) piccie ...Better upload some more to PB
No such thing as an english staffy please explain ?

one day I'll own a english mastiff or neo mastiff :D

No such thing as an english staffy please explain ?

Haha yeah, you know a staffordshire bull terrier is an ENGLISH staffordshire bull terrier, that's where they originate from.. staffordshire in england?

American staffy's are a mixed breed of both pits and staffy's.
You must be confused.

Haha yeah, you know a staffordshire bull terrier is an ENGLISH staffordshire bull terrier, that's where they originate from.. staffordshire in england?

You must be confused.
Correct i have been breding dogs from when i was 13 years old from greyhounds to jack russels to pittys jeep lines, sorrells etc, my uncles dad R.I.P, when he was 90 years old going back 15 years ago i had a convo with him in regards to the staffys as he was from Staffordshire and he can remember the miners when he was young, carrying staffys around under there arms and there lunch box in the other. This was around 1920s True english staffys should only reach the weight of 17 kgs today people try to breed big. Cheers

my new pup he is bullarab x bullmastiff he was at the vet the other for his shots, he was15kg at 16 weeks

thats a good sized pup, hoping jaida gets about 14-15kg by 16 weeks. currently she is 9.5kg at 11 weeks, putting on a kilo a week.

sorry kids.. NO SUCH THING as a breed called ENGLISH staffy..

I dnt know much about other things, but ive been with staffords since i was 12,and owned them and rescued them for 20 years...

There aint no such breed as an English staffy!! The Staffordshire bull terrier AKA ,SBT's are incorrectly referrered to as an english staffy by some..

sorry kids.. NO SUCH THING as a breed called ENGLISH staffy..

Agree. There is no such breed as 'English Staffy'.

The CORRECT name for the breed (as per the Australian National Kennel Club) is 'STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER'. See HERE.

To recap for those who seem a bit confused:

Staffy is a nickname used to describe the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Amstaff is a nickname used to describe the American Staffordshire Terrier.

Here are the two breeds as listed on the ANKC website:

'English Staffy' is an incorrect term.

Pit bulls are not a recognised breed in Australia.

captainpantspie said:

For someone who professes to be so knowledgeable about dogs, you seem a bit confused.

Regardless of where they were developed, the correct name for a Staffy is 'STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER'. There is no 'English' in that name.

captainpantspie said:
You must be confused.

Amstaff's are a mixed breed? Regardless of how they were developed, I think you'll find that they are an ANKC recognised pure breed dog (the link is HERE). Methinks you need to do some research :shock:

Amstaff's are a mixed breed? Regardless of how they were developed, I think you'll find that they are an ANKC recognised pure breed dog (the link is HERE). Methinks you need to do some research :shock:[/quote]

Yes Amstaffs are bred from numerous breeds of dog and refined into what they are today.h
However that is how all breeds originated,people took useful traits from different dogs and bred them together to produce a dog that had certain strengths or skills to suit the task they were required for

Yes Amstaffs are bred from numerous breeds of dog and refined into what they are today.h
However that is how all breeds originated,people took useful traits from different dogs and bred them together to produce a dog that had certain strengths or skills to suit the task they were required for

Yes I understand that and I agree.

But captainpantspie described the Amstaff as a 'mixed breed', which they are not.

They are a recognised pure breed dog.

Bull Arabs, on the other hand, are what I would describe as a 'mixed breed'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back