My stimmie's first birthday shoot - lots of pictures!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renenet

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Strictly, she's one year, three weeks and three days old in these pictures. I have been very lucky with Zephyr. She is a healthy, trouble-free python. She has the sweetest temperament and yet will strike and "kill" her rodents every time, never refusing a feed. Although she seems a bit darker than some other wheatbelts I've seen, I think she's not a bad-looking girl to boot.

Current stats: 81 centimetres long, according to Herpmeasure, and 178 grams.

Photo notes: I took most of these this morning, with a Nikon D80 and an 18-135 mm lens. I was experimenting with the manual focus and a couple of these "best of" shots are slightly fuzzy when they shouldn't be. To compensate for the lack of a macro lens I set the camera to high quality images and large file sizes, then crop. Not ideal, though it really does help that Zephyr is bigger now. :D

Now for the photos. Zephyr in the shade, then in the sunshine:

Zephyr explores the lawn:

And my all-time favourite shot of her:

Patterns:

Comparison shots between 6 January 2012 and March 2011:

Enjoy,

Renenet.

Coming along gorgeously Darl,...that's noice noice very noice. Well done getting the shot with a random ruler in the yard :p

Yeah, I'm very happy with her. I'm hoping to get her a male this year for breeding in 2013.

Awsome, i'll have to take some more pics of mine before i go to work, i finished of my new enclosures and 1 rock wall today, but my boy is in shed now so i'll wait till hes finished to move in

It's a birthday shoot in her birthday suit. Looks good

what a nice looking stimmy! LOVE the dorsal pattern, as bet seen in the first 'pattern' photo you posted.

Thanks, guys. I agree, Kitah, she has really cool patterns.

She ate an unscented fuzzy rat last night with no hesitation whatsoever. It's been so easy shifting her over I suspect I could feed her with rats and mice interchangeably if I had to.

She ate an unscented fuzzy rat last night with no hesitation whatsoever. It's been so easy shifting her over I suspect I could feed her with rats and mice interchangeably if I had to.

Interesting that you say that, we were discussing this a couple of weeks ago. The last three feeds my boy has had have been 2 fuzzy rats and then i swapped him back to an adult mouse, had no dramas at all, he has smashed them all with the usual psychotic feeding response that i have come to expect, i new there was a reason i bought the long tongs!

"Psychotic feeding response" - I like it. My girl eats with gusto as well. I wonder, with some facetiousness, if I find her a male like yours and breed them, will their hatchies be any easier to get onto rodents? :)

Haha, don't know, my female is just as bad. I've heard people complaining that their wheatbelts are their worst feeding snakes, if mine end up been my worst feeders i think i'd have a problem, i'd be missing digits.

I don't think fuzzy rats are big enough for her. A day after she ate it she produced urates. Normally, she does that at least two days after eating. I'll feed her a couple of fuzzy rats for the next few times, then try her on weaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back