My Wheatbelts are hatching too!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my adults were wild caught on permit from a licensed catcher in W.A, the only difference between mine and SR's is that i know 100% where they came from. im not suggesting mine are any better than SR's, in fact ive seen plenty of SR's and not one of them have been bad.
ill probably hold onto these animals for 6-12 months and decide from there.
Cheers.

Mate was not at all asking as matter of accusation, just though i'd throw it out there for some feed back as i bought a Wheat Belt from SR. He does look similar to those you have pictured but to be honest not as spectacular. He is pet and we love him for his personality and temperament not so much his colours or breeding prospects.
I respect your opinion and at the end of the your Wheat Belt's are damn fine specimens, we will leave at that. :)

my adults were wild caught on permit from a licensed catcher in W.A, the only difference between mine and SR's is that i know 100% where they came from. im not suggesting mine are any better than SR's, in fact ive seen plenty of SR's and not one of them have been bad.
ill probably hold onto these animals for 6-12 months and decide from there.
Cheers.

I believe John actually went over their and caught a lot of his animals as well Dan, with a licenced collector, so I don't see how they could be any different and some of his are quite stunning. I would say the rumors are more likely from people who have the ****es about the way John does things or possibly the way he got animals in the first place. Either way, I don't believe john would 'lie' about localities just for a few extra dollars, he has a lot more to lose than most of us with his investment in SR and the Reptile Park, I am sure he would not want to ruin that for an extra $100. IMO anyway.

She was our first snake and has never even threatened to bite anyone, but she doesn't have any sexy markings like yours. I think she has pretty eyes... This is probably the best looking photo of her. From the top she looks particularly dull.
Lisafull.jpg

your stimmie looks EXACTLY like my childreni ? odd :/

I believe John actually went over their and caught a lot of his animals as well Dan, with a licenced collector, so I don't see how they could be any different and some of his are quite stunning. I would say the rumors are more likely from people who have the ****es about the way John does things or possibly the way he got animals in the first place. Either way, I don't believe john would 'lie' about localities just for a few extra dollars, he has a lot more to lose than most of us with his investment in SR and the Reptile Park, I am sure he would not want to ruin that for an extra $100. IMO anyway.

The rumor is that Johns stock came from DEC when they siezed them from a poacher/smuggler. It's assumed they are wheatbelts for a few reasons. But since no one knows exactly where they were taken from their locale is suspicious and can't be 100% reliable that they are infact wheatbelt.
Personally I dont see why he wouldn't have just imported some wild caughts though. He probably has and therfore he would have real wheaties... I think the rumor of him catching wheaties with a collector is just that too. The community in WA is pretty small and I'm sure it would be talked about..... Just like the RSP. John did come over to collect his RSP, but he didn't get the RSP with a licensed collector either. He did it with permission from DEC.
Problem with locale is it goes out the window once the snakes have changed hands a few times or been bread by different people for a few generations. It's impossible to guarantee that someone hasn't mixed locale in the gene pool or that they did infact originate from a certain area. May as well call them names like we see on snake bytes after that...
If locale is important to you then wild caught or first gen is the only way to go in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rumor is that Johns stock came from DEC when they siezed them from a poacher/smuggler. It's assumed they are wheatbelts for a few reasons. But since no one knows exactly where they were taken from their locale is suspicious and can't be 100% reliable that they are infact wheatbelt.
Personally I dont see why he wouldn't have just imported some wild caughts though. He probably has and therfore he would have real wheaties... I think the rumor of him catching wheaties with a collector is just that too. The community in WA is pretty small and I'm sure it would be talked about..... Just like the RSP. John did come over to collect his RSP, but he didn't get the RSP with a licensed collector either. He did it with permission from DEC.
Problem with locale is it goes out the window once the snakes have changed hands a few times or been bread by different people for a few generations. It's impossible to guarantee that someone hasn't mixed locale in the gene pool or that they did infact originate from a certain area. May as well call them names like we see on snake bytes after that...
If locale is important to you then wild caught or first gen is the only way to go in my opinion.

John told me himself that he was there when collecting the wheatbelts. Who he was with, either DEC or a licensed collector, I've no idea.

ask him then? may as well set the rumors straight on the origin of his wheatbelts. What area of the wheatbelt they came from and how he obtained them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back