N. Levis :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Within the next few months i am going to be getting a pair or buy two individual N. Levis Levis. I have reasearhced themm for about over 5 months now but still just want to clarify some things with all u experienced herptologists :D

1) One 60cm by 45cm by 45cm exo terra do the pair?

2) Wet the sand every 2 to 3 days???? ( really not clear on this part)

3) How to introduce them?

4) heat matt or heat cord? ( was thinking heat matt)

5) what season that they usualy sell at and are there any breeders in sydeny or Newcastle?

Cheers Scott and plz feel free to post any pictures associated with them. ( i adore them haha):D

1. Should be sufficient although a bit extra room would be nice. Remember you want roughly 2/3+ inches of sand so they can burrow (if you let them).

2. Wet as in give the tank a light spray or actually dampen the sand so it holds burrows? I spray every couple days or every so often when I see them out at night, dampening sand to hold burrows ill do every so often once the sand has completely dried out and wont hold its shape very well any more (red desert sand).

3. As long as its just male and female just pop them straight in together :p They should be fine.

4. Your choice really, havnt used a heat cord but its basically the same as a heat matt, the only problem with this is that it dries out the sand alot quicker then say a heat lamp which is my preferred heating method. Still works fine though just make sure you watch and control your temps as you would.

5. You can usually find them all year round but if your looking for hatchy's just keep an eye out within the next couple of months as they will start popping up around the place. As for breeders in those areas I cant help sorry.

Few pics I took a little while ago, not Levis levis but Pilbarensis but similar enough.

Geckos04-06-08-5_filtered02.jpg

Geckos04-06-08-4_filtered02.jpg

Few more can be seen at www.mikefowlerphotography.com.au :p

1) One 60cm by 45cm by 45cm exo terra do the pair?

2) Wet the sand every 2 to 3 days???? ( really not clear on this part)

3) How to introduce them?

4) heat matt or heat cord? ( was thinking heat matt)

5) what season that they usualy sell at and are there any breeders in sydeny or Newcastle?

1. thats fine
2. spray the whole enclosure every 2-3 days
3. just put them in together. if they fight separate them and ask here for further advice.
4. doesnt matter, but if its just a single enclosure on a desk or something then a heat mat would be easier probably.
5. main breeding season, usually lots for sale around late december-march/april. post a post in the wanted section and you should find someone easy enough. also just search these for sale sections and also other rep selling sites e.g. petlink.

Here is one of my male N.l.levis. You shouldn't have too many (if any) problems with these guys. They have such personalities and appetites and seem to go at it like rabbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back