Need a bit of advice (incubating beardy eggs)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mblissett

Reaction score
Hey guys !!

My beardys I am sure will have eggs shortly, and I will need a bit of advice setting up a makeshift incubator.

Due to lack of money I was thinking about getting myself a polystyrene box with a heat pad and thermostat set up

Would this be suitable aslong as i put the eggs in an airtight container with vermiculite and water of course.

One thing i need help is getting the temp right inside the box with the eggs.... How would I make sure that the temp inside the airtight container is a stable 28 degrees ?

Yep, what afro said.

I have a foam box incubator set-up that i run with a heat cord and Microclimate B1 thermostat. I have a probe in the egg box along with the probe of the thermometre too. But i am aiming more for 29.6 to 30.6C. I think you will find most people will reccommend you keep beardie eggs at about 29.6C for incubation.

Cheers, Alan.

RE: Re: RE: Need a bit of advice (incubating beardy eggs)

Yeah Craig, mine are cooking at 31 degrees as we speak
I like soft centres Greg, good for dipping the toast in. :shock:

Same here as for temps. Mine is around the 30 to 31degree mark.

Yeah the styro box should work, just make sure you run the incubator without eggs and see if it doesn't get too hot as a general rule I would say have everything ready before the eggs are laid. Vermiculite and water 1 on 1 by weight or a little less water,
Set the temp anywhere between 28 and 31 Obviously use a thermostat, I use the one with a probe, good luck and let us know when tey hatch.......

Make sure you get a digital thermometer as well to place in with the vermiculite. One that records max and min temps so you will be able to check the temps daily and get your highs and lows. you can then adjust the thermistor accordingly.

My beardy looks quite a bit round before I even bough my male and she seems to look a bit bigger round her gut :)

Is it possible if she does by chance lay eggs that any are fertile.... She was living by herself and I got a male 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back