need advice on equipment to buy for woma python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaPEACE

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wanting to buy a woma python but want to know exactly what to buy to make sure it's sufficient. I already own a carpet python that I got for my birthday but my dad set all the heating up and built his enclosure so I havnt had to work it out on my own. I've bought a glass terranium for my future woma python and can get a bit confusing when it comes to heating. Just wondering what you would recommend ie heat matt. any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance :)

Generally speaking, glass terrariums aren?t the best choice because they don?t provide much thermal insulation. Since you?ve already got it though, I guess you don?t have much choice. A heat mat is a reasonable choice but just make sure you don?t get the one with the built in thermostat as they seem to like catching on fire. You also want to make sure there is sufficient airflow under the tank so you don?t get hot spots. Alternatively you could get yourself a heat cord and make your own ?heat mat? from it. That might require a bit of DIY skill to route out the grooves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back