need help with enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1991

Reaction score
can anyoone help me in the building of my new enclosure i am looking to build a large enclosure to house 2 bhps in an have no idea were to start would be very helpfuul if sumone could share some wisdom with me on how to build one ?????

Make sure you have a design you desire, size, type of timber, and make sure you have the tools to do the job. Do you want sliding glass doors, or a hinged door?

Let me know those things, and I can give you a few pointers.

The cheapest and most commonly used timber is melamine, with sliding glass. I can help you out, just need a few more pointers of how you want to do it.

Have you had a look in the DIY section on here?!!? Their are some g8 ideas and tips etc in that section!!!

thanks guys an am looking for a more horizontal design 1.5 metre high by 2 metre long by 1 metre deep was wantin it to be pine or sumthing ...

Melamine is really heavy. I'm in the middle of building one, 1800t x 600w x 600d. I started with a strutted frame from pine, now I've added a thick mdf side that I'm going to use to mount lights etc. I'm just using ply for the other sides as the frame provides the strength.

thanks guys an am looking for a more horizontal design 1.5 metre high by 2 metre long by 1 metre deep was wantin it to be pine or sumthing ...

For BHP's 1.5m high is quite high for them, they are a terrestrial species, so 800-900mm high is more then
enough. That will also make it easy to get correct sized sheeting. Just check for sheet sizes, as 2m may not be available, 2.2m may be available though.

For BHP's 1.5m high is quite high for them, they are a terrestrial species, so 800-900mm high is more then
enough. That will also make it easy to get correct sized sheeting. Just check for sheet sizes, as 2m may not be available, 2.2m may be available though.

I do believe bunnings (good ol' wonderful warehouse of everything) carries most wood in 1.8m then 2.2m. But if you have your heart set on another size (as in it has to fit somewhere special) then they do cut to size, give or take 2-10mm.

thanks so im pretty sure ive got it all sorted an planned out but i need help on the sliding doors were can i get the material an how will i mount them ??

I've seen them done a few different ways. Some people buy specially made runners for them and others just route a groove out for them to slide in, possibly putting something in the bottom that's easier to slide on than wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back