Need help with possible id of snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chyka

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Well im currently down in Moorebank, NSW, and today while walking around the scrub i came within two metres from a pissed off snake. Now my description im about to give wont be too good, but i just thought someone might know something about snakes in the locality. There's been a lot of sitings of red bellies so when i first saw it i assumed it was that, but i stood there for a bit waiting for it to leave, and i noticed it was completely black, no cream or red underneath. It was a bit agitated cause i accidently disturbed it, so it was flattened out a bit, but its head seemed to be kind of like an arrowhead. I was in soft green grass about knee height. Also when it left it more did short whips, kinda like jumping, rather than slithering along the ground. Like i said, lame description but i didnt have a camera.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How could you see it's belly? it would of been a RBB.
wonders how you can come to that conclusion too:rolleyes:......it may have been several types ...eastern browns can be very dark to black ,small eyed may have a very reduced colouration underneath the belly,green tree snakes can look very dark ......the possibilities are many ...hope next time your out wandering round you can grab a few pics ;)

wonders how you can come to that conclusion too:rolleyes:......it may have been several types ...eastern browns can be very dark to black ,small eyed may have a very reduced colouration underneath the belly,green tree snakes can look very dark ......the possibilities are many ...hope next time your out wandering round you can grab a few pics ;)

+1 could have been anything just becuase it was black does not mean it was a RBB....

that pic in redbellybites avatar is a eastern brown....
agree with rbb it could have been anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back