need help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake182

Reaction score
Well i need help on making an enclosure its going to be 900,500,500.
It's for a childreni python, i want to be able to get in thought the roof of the enclosure, but make it half mesh so i can put a heatlamp there.
So........
*what wood should i use for the bottom and the back of the enclosure.
*what meash should i use for the top,hod do i make it.
*and what temp should i have it at.
*where is the best place to get this suff and what eles do i need i have tools and nails.
And
does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a heat for a 5L click-clack. Ebay?????

I would not be using a heat lamp for a terrestrial python. You are better off with a tile and heat cord under it, as bottom heat. Read this article: Untitled Document.

The material you make your enclosure from will need to be waterproof so that it can be properly cleaned from time to time and will not rot as a result of liquid wastes or spilt water. Many people use melamine as they then only need to seal the ends at joins, which is done using clear aquarium silicone or white silicone sealant. If you use natural timber like pine, it will need 3 or 4 coats of a waterproof sealant, such as polyurethane.

Blue

Depends how big the surface is ur wanting to heat...

With the mesh it would be best (and look the best) to use black aluminium mesh that you get from bunnings.

Make a frame and stretch the mesh across by staplying it to the frame from one side then across to the opposite side, then down the other sides. This way you can make sure it is taught. Cover up the edges of the mesh with a piece of rebated wood. I can do up a drawing for this later if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back