Need to liberate a log from my python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew Tomlin

Reaction score
Didn’t really know how to title this. I have a new Children’s python and I’ve had him for a couple of months. He has been hidden pretty much the whole time and when he is out if I as much as look at the tank he is gone. He gets up in a log that I badly need to clean out. He will not come out and spends all day in it. If I happen to see him out, by the time I get to the tank he is back in it. I have tried so many ways of trying to coax him out. I’ve done regular tank cleaning and substrate replacements as usual but I need to clean that log. Any advice?

What happens when you feed him? I presume he comes out then?
Finally got him out. Up to that point he ate after I went to bed. He has yet to take food from tongs he just runs. But I don’t want him to starve so I left them on a rock in his tank. Once I got him out he bit me about 7 times. I put him back and he went in his humid hide. I set up stuff around the tank that he would disturb if he was out exploring that night and as far as I can tell he hasn’t been back out at all since. Other than when I tried to handle him earlier and he was not having it. Strike, strike, strike then immediately back in the hide. Couldn’t even get him out of the tank to handle.

Latest posts

Back