Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpike

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Had these guy's for a few months, hoping to breed them this season, at the moment the female is not big enough but she is growing like a worm, and has grow 1.5 cm in the 2months I have had her, and her adult colours are starting to come through. She is changing with every shed, which aren't to far apart. I got the female from Ari and the Male from Toad, both very good people to deal with, and held the animal's until they where payed off and until my permits finally came through.

Kane

picsmay07054.jpg

picsmay07055.jpg

picsmay07056.jpg

picsmay07057.jpg

picsmay07058.jpg

picsmay07059.jpg

picsmay07060.jpg

picsmay07061.jpg

picsmay07062.jpg

picsmay07063.jpg

picsmay07064.jpg

picsmay07065.jpg

picsmay07066.jpg

picsmay07067.jpg

picsmay07068.jpg

picsmay07069.jpg

god spike, how on earth do you look at them, they are HORRIBLE, better send em my way;)

striking markings coming thru there Kane

Geez I didn't even have time to e-mail them through to you :lol: She has grown heaps since you sent her down Troy.

Yeah Chris the lighter on is the female, lovely gecko.

Kane

LOL...has the gecko bug bit you kane...

Hmmm ... 9 geckos since new year, possibility of 10, I guess you could say that... oh yeah and there are those gecko's that I am getting at the end if next year... oh crap... I'm going to need some more dessert sand :lol:

Kane

Does anyone have any links or fact sheets for these little guys?

I had never heard of them before joining this website, and I think they will be my next purchase.
Saying that, I only got my first Beardie last weekend, so it might be a little while before I venture forth.

Does anyone have any links or fact sheets for these little guys?

I had never heard of them before joining this website, and I think they will be my next purchase.
Saying that, I only got my first Beardie last weekend, so it might be a little while before I venture forth.

Good stuff younge, hope the info I gave you helped. I suggest searching google with "Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis care sheet" and a fair few will pop up. I think the member "Rocket" has one written for Levis Levis, may be worth PMing him for it.

Kane

Yeah, thanks Kane for your Beardie advice. Earl (my Beardie) and me are coming to an understanding, slowly.

Here's a pic:
21_May_2007_-_2.jpg

Okay, the first question I have regarding your new little friends is: What is the difference between Levis Levis and Nephurus Levis Pilbarensis?

Cheers,
Younge

Kane.....to what you mentioned the other day......hell yeah!!!
That male has unreal markings.

8)If we both have what meets the requirements, hopefully;)

Younge, They are just different sub species, with varying feature I believe, someone else could probably give you more info, I'm not a gecko expert.

Kane

They are unreal, I'm definately going to have to get me a pair some day soon!

Im no expert either but I believe the differences are where the wild specimens are located. Some believe that the the ranges for the three subspecies are connected and some dont.

N.levis levis covers the largest amount of the range.
N.levis occidentalis is located most west of the range
N.levis pilbarensis is found in, whoa, what a surprise, the Pilbara region.

They all look relatively different in the ways of colour, pattern and scale arrangement (on the lips; according to John McGrath).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back