Never/Maybe 100% sure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Baden, very interesting and a beautiful animal there mate.
Can you elaborate on the cloaca shape thing please?

1st class albino and the newspaper is still white in the background not yellow like in some posted photos that have been played with LOL beach

awesome animal!! i bred quite a few this year with a similar pattern as well.hope they colour up the same.
cheers
simon

She's a real good looking albino Baden! Anybody know if all species of python can probe deeply?

thats a good looking albino Baden, got any pics of the male you'll be putting her with?

Will

that is hands down the best looking albino darwin i have ever seen. les us know if u breed her

So how could the person you bought it from be able to sell it as a female ????
Not being 100% sure it was.
I cant see you buying a reptile of any Joe Blow..........
Interesting.

yeh i was considering getting one at the gc reptile expo if they have them.... or a gtp

Epic, wish I could get one of these, love albinos, and I agree with the above poster about the pixelated look, looks wikid.

So how could the person you bought it from be able to sell it as a female ????
Not being 100% sure it was.

Mistakes do happen. Has anyone ever heard of a female being sold as a male? I don't think so, it's always female that turns out to me a male. It makes sense because you really can't make a mistake when probing males. If the probe goes deep, it's a boy and it can't be anything else. On the other hand, if the probe goes in just a bit, we "assume" it's a female. However, males can contract muscles in the cloaca region, they can twist and band, preventing the probe to go all the way or the passage may be blocked with old slough or sperm plugs. I know that many keepers don't bother to lubricate the probe before insertion - a big mistake.
Such error can easily happen, even to the experienced keeper and that's why it's a good idea to probe what we thing are females more than once, preferably after slough.
I sold a female GTP yesterday to a local bloke and I asked him to probe the snake in front of me before taking it home. We both confirmed that it was a female, hence there can't be any subsequent dispute. I wish it was so convenient and easy every time.

Nice animal Solar, I have a female very similar with a full dorsal stripe don't they look unreal. I just can't get a photo that shows the colours as well as you have. Good luck with the breeding. That is a sensational photo.

In answer to the question about other species I have probed a diamond that went 7 scales (middle ground) and it layed eggs. Not the first I have heard of this with diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back