New Amyae's - M & F?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, they are hillarious, i use a shiny teaspoon to scoop out the poo,..the boys come bolting over to attack it, hehehe,....

lol, they are hillarious, i use a shiny teaspoon to scoop out the poo,..the boys come bolting over to attack it, hehehe,....

I was thinking about putting a small mirror in there and seeing their reaction to it, should be interesting.

I have them both in one enclosure but it is divided by a piece of clear plastic sheet. It's amusing to watch them hunt crickets on the other side of the plastic sheet and then look very confused when they bump into the plastic and not have the tasty cricket meal they expected!

lol, thats just mean re the crickets, hehehe! :p

is the divider there incase they fight?
my boys all get along beauitfully,......

lol, thats just mean re the crickets, hehehe! :p

is the divider there incase they fight?
my boys all get along beauitfully,......

Its just a precaution while there is such a size difference between them, whilst they might get along, if Andre decided he didn't like Dexter, Dexter would be in biiiiig trouble :p Hopefully Dexter will catch up a bit in size over the next few months and I can remove the divider.

Absolutely awesome! can anyone point me in the direction of a care-sheet? I want to get a pair but never kept gecks before

Absolutely awesome! can anyone point me in the direction of a care-sheet? I want to get a pair but never kept gecks before

The book Keeping Australian Gecko's by Rob Porter would be a good start :) It has lots of general Gecko care info and a page on specific Amyae care.

Hey DanNG, the care requirements are pretty much the same as a N. levis levis so you can look at care sheets for those. Hope this helps.

Good point njb, only differences are the Amyae don't need the same depth of sand as they aren't burrowers and can handle lower humidity than Levis I believe.

Thanks for that ryan. Its alwYs good to know these things as i might get an amyae in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back