New baby beardie help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mate if you can afford to drive to bunnings you can pick up a small spotie for about $2-$3. Thats what i use for all my dragons and i just got a clutch of eggs so they are happy.

The tank is plenty bright, the UV is fine.. my account is empty now, im 11 years old...Jackie is feeding fine, is perfectly happy and safe. I don't have unlimited money, and i have to be able to pay for my other animals too. I've done my research, listened to you guys, and now the problem is solved...feeding fine on crickets, no problem with eyesite, lol , and the temp is perfecto. You can stop critisizing every single aspect of my enclosure..? It's not like you can tell how bright the tank is from a PHOTO anyways.

Blindness is not going to happen straight away ;) In fact, I'm pretty sure the cases with UVC poisoning were consistent with normal behaviour until they started going blind. Someone else can confirm, I'm sure. We only criticize because it isn't "perfect".

But hey, good luck with your dragon. Newbies always know best :D (it's all that experience at their fingertips ;))

Hey Animalluva. We're not criticising every aspect of your set-up - you asked for help, we're all just trying to give it to you, & to your Beardie (which it all boils down to)
The effects of coil lights aren't overnight, as Notechister said, It's long-term & usually irreversible by the time it's noticed.
I'm sure if you get on to a search on this website, or Aussie Reptile Keepers, or BeardedDragon.org, punched in coil UVB lights, & then the red glow light you've got, you'd be able to do your own research on the side effects if you're interested.
Money (unfortunately) doesn't grow on trees, that's why suggestions in earlier posts re how to get around the problem until u or your parents have funds, or the exchange part. You can say you're only 11 until your blue in the face, or until your beardie's dead.
I really hope your 'expert' advice hasn't come from the pet store. If it hasn't, also read the post on 'Please read this' that's out there at the moment.
There's nothing worse, as a pet owner of any animal, to ultimately discover your confidence & pride was the ultimate cause of your animals death:)

gotta love someone who wont take advice.

good luck to ur beardy. :p

The photo doesnt show the light very well at all, it's very bright in there. How bout you guys try trusting me?

We can see the brightness just fine. It needs more than that.

No, we won't trust you. You're very new to this, whereas a lot of people here (and many of those who have been posting on this thread) know better than you. And yet you say, however indirectly, that you know better?

For your dragon's sake, I hope you learn to listen a bit better. Age is no excuse.

The photo doesnt show the light very well at all, it's very bright in there. How bout you guys try trusting me?
ok what colour is the light ? red ? red is for night viewing and heat only ...
you really need a sunglo bulb , at the very least a good light that gives off UVB AND UVA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back