New bump-prevention feature

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Hi All,

Due to some issues with excessive bumping, we have introduced a new system that will only allow you to bump posts after 72 hours.

If you try to reply to your own post before this period is up, the new post will be merged with your older one. If you post again after the 72 hours, then a new post will be created.

Another important thing is to look at amount of reptiles to be advertise per year. Members who advertise more than 20 reptiles per year have to be power sellers or sponsors to do that.
We introduced this rule to stop people to place multiple ad for same animals.

We have large amount of advertisers and if for sale forum is abused, advertisers have problem to stay on first 3 pages for reasonable time.

nice update, so it just tacks anything you type for 3 days after your original post onto the end of your 1st post? is it with all posters or just the thread maker?

Does this have something to do with me getting a message before to accept terms and conditions before i was able to reply to a PM???

mm i can understand having issues with excessive bumping but what about a topic that is popular and has a good discussion going on? punishing people for the wrong doings of others isnt right, no offence, so how about restricting those members who bump too much instead of everyone else?

is that something that can be done?

like most rules born out of wrong doings its the innocent that are really the ones being punished for the misdeeds of others

no offence meant to anyone i hope you can understand that

so it just tacks anything you type for 3 days after your original post onto the end of your 1st post, This will make a thread look out of sync with answers to questions posted after the original post which means those wishing to answer something will have to keep going back to the original post then back to make a post of their own and back to the original again, this may lead to a very messy and confused thread where members might decide its just not worth it anymore

so it just tacks anything you type for 3 days after your original post onto the end of your 1st post? is it with all posters or just the thread maker?

It is only for 2 posts by the same user in a row.

Does this have something to do with me getting a message before to accept terms and conditions before i was able to reply to a PM???

This is related to this change and the updated rules regarding commercial quantities. Because of these changes, we are asking all members to review the rules and re-accept them.

what about a topic that is popular and has a good discussion going on?... This will make a thread look out of sync with answers to questions posted after the original post which means those wishing to answer something will have to keep going back to the original post then back to make a post of their own and back to the original again, this may lead to a very messy and confused thread

There is no effect in the case of a conversation. The merging only occurs when there are two posts by the same user in a row. Everything will stay in sync.

I just added a sold notice to an ad of mine and noticed that it merged it , not a bad idea at all ....

How about getting rid of any non reptile related sales...?

Or the ability to edit our own for sale threads... I'm not overly keen on bumping, but changing the price on your own thread would be handy...

ok im not blonde (no offence to any) but i am old :p , however i cant work out what the heck you mean? :?

can someone translate it into 'dumbo' language for me please

The way I see it Jeannine - if you post a thread and then reply to your thread (before anyone else) your reply will go into your original post (there won't be two posts from yourself in a row). If you post, then someone else posts and then you reply it will be the same as usual (your post, their post, then your post).
If you post a thread and nobody else posts on your thread for 72 hours, your next post will be a new post (not included in your original post).

I just confused myself.

No one else can post on your for sale ads, only the person that starts the thread.
This is only going to happen on the For Sale forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back