New bump-prevention feature

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the ability to edit our own for sale threads... I'm not overly keen on bumping, but changing the price on your own thread would be handy...

If you need to change the sale price within 72 hours you can add another post that gets merged with the original post with the new price. or after 72 hours you can make another post with the new price etc..

the thing is no matter what you add that gets merged within the 72 hour period the advert will stay where it is in the list and wont get "bumped" to the top of the list.. Its only after the 72 hours are up that a new post will actually bump the advert to the top of the list again..

I can't understand why can't we edit our own ads. What's the reason?
For example, I would like to delete old photos in my ad and replace them with new ones instead of adding subsequent posts, or delete several "bumps" - wouldn't that make the ads neater?

Is selling no more than 20 reptiles exactly that or do you mean no more than 20 ads in a year? Those beardie dragon folk are going to hit their limit pretty quickly if the former.

Still reckon I should be allowed to bump before the time limit......as it's always with a 10% discount! Personally I think that's a better rule. Yes bump away but to the buyers benefit. Now they may have to wait for the discount.....

As someone said this rule punishes all, not just the guilty

Is selling no more than 20 reptiles exactly that or do you mean no more than 20 ads in a year? Those beardie dragon folk are going to hit their limit pretty quickly if the former.

Still reckon I should be allowed to bump before the time limit.... as it's always with a 10% discount! Personally I think that's a better rule. Yes bump away but to the buyers benefit. Now they may have to wait for the discount....

As someone said this rule punishes all, not just the guilty comments - they were comments from a regular member who cant post for sale ads anyway not being a subscriber

Site Rules - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

"Shop and Swap" Forum Rules

1.Members must purchase a "Subscription", "Power Seller" or "Subscriber" account before being able to sell or swap any items in Shop and Swap forums.
2.Members may not post items on behalf of other members or non-members without Moderator/Administrator approval.
3.No links to other classified ads. If you have listed your item somewhere else, include a full description at our site also.
4.No selling of anything illegal.
5.You must have a "Power Seller" or "Sponsor" account to sell any commercial quantities of products - what is deemed a commercial quantity is the sole discretion of a Moderator/Administrator, however we do provide the following guidelines:

1.The sale of more than 30 rats or mice over a 2 month period
2.The sale of more than 20 reptiles per year
3.The sale of more than 1 brand new enclosure per year or the sale of any amount of custom built enclosures
4.The sale of more than 5 brand new accessories over a 3 month period

"they were comments from a regular member who cant post for sale ads anyway not being a subscriber"

Sure they may be but their comments are a worthy opinion, which resonate with my thinking. Being a subscriber I presume I'm allowed to say so??

I take it from the cut and paste of the forum rules that someone who has one addy for 20 beardy dragons which they sell cannot then have another ad for a year...

"they were comments from a regular member who cant post for sale ads anyway not being a subscriber"

Sure they may be but their comments are a worthy opinion, which resonate with my thinking. Being a subscriber I presume I'm allowed to say so?? you most certainly are but I dont make any of the rules and your comments should probably be directed to the site owner (who does make the rules) via the support centre if you really wish to comment on this issue.

I take it from the cut and paste of the forum rules that someone who has one addy for 20 beardy dragons which they sell cannot then have another ad for a year...

no it doesn't say that at all.. my interpretation would be that a subscriber can sell 20 animals in the year (starting from 01-01-2011) and once they are going to sell over this limit they need to upgrade their subscriber account to a power seller account. once a power seller thay can sell above these limits per year.

If you look at Shop & Swap Forum Rule 5 it says you must have a power seller account to sell above the 4 examples given.

5.You must have a "Power Seller" or "Sponsor" account to sell any commercial quantities of products - what is deemed a commercial quantity is the sole discretion of a Moderator/Administrator, however we do provide the following guidelines:

1.The sale of more than 30 rats or mice over a 2 month period
2.The sale of more than 20 reptiles per year
3.The sale of more than 1 brand new enclosure per year or the sale of any amount of custom built enclosures
4.The sale of more than 5 brand new accessories over a 3 month period

I'm confused.

What I'm trying to get clarity about is the number of reptiles against the number of ads. I think this is the right place to have the discussion so others on this site can benefit from this knowledge

Following the rules if I put up one "for sale" post for 20 beardies say at $40 each, once they are all sold, I cant advertise until 2012 unless I upgrade -correct?

But if I put up a for sale post for one green tree python for $3000 I can then put up 19 more ads for single green pythons in the course of the year before I need to upgrade-correct?

In other words it would not be in the sellers interest to advertise all in one go if they want to use this method of multiple ads to 'bump' up their 'for sales'?

I also presume that amphibians and inverts etc are not covered but this rule, nor quail and other food items?

Sorry to be pedantic but these guidelines do not seem that clear. 'what is deemed a commercial quantity is the sole discretion of a Moderator/Administrator"

Last edited by a moderator:
spongebob its CHRISTMAS DAY mate.. go and enjoy it..
I will message adam or slateman to address your issues..

How about getting rid of any non reptile related sales...?

Or the ability to edit our own for sale threads... I'm not overly keen on bumping, but changing the price on your own thread would be handy...

you can change your price any time you like. Nothing stops you to do that.

---------- Post added 25-Dec-10 at 08:03 PM ----------

Still reckon I should be allowed to bump before the time limit......as it's always with a 10% discount! Personally I think that's a better rule. Yes bump away but to the buyers benefit. Now they may have to wait for the discount.....

You can advertise as many reptiles you like if you are power seller. If you have just $15 subscription , Yes it is 20 reptiles only per year.

---------- Post added 25-Dec-10 at 08:15 PM ----------

Sure they may be but their comments are a worthy opinion, which resonate with my thinking. Being a subscriber I presume I'm allowed to say so??

Yes you can say that you are not happy to be subscriber under our site rules and cancel APS subscription. That is your right. But we will be not changing our commercial rules for you. Maybe you can try herp trader or some smaller sites with less exposure to get free advertisement. This site is not cheap to run and traffic on aps is large. This comes with extra running expenses.
As I said, there are some free sites you can join, but if you like to operate your sales here, please fallow our rules and think about your cost of 75 cents per reptile sold here as help to site to continue exist.

---------- Post added 25-Dec-10 at 08:17 PM ----------

It is clearly written in rules 20 reptiles.
And regarding the price, you can change price or anything in your add any time you like. Nothing stops you.

---------- Post added 25-Dec-10 at 08:21 PM ----------

I'm confused.

What I'm trying to get clarity about is the number of reptiles against the number of ads. I think this is the right place to have the discussion so others on this site can benefit from this knowledge

Following the rules if I put up one "for sale" post for 20 beardies say at $40 each, once they are all sold, I cant advertise until 2012 unless I upgrade -correct?

But if I put up a for sale post for one green tree python for $3000 I can then put up 19 more ads for single green pythons in the course of the year before I need to upgrade-correct?

In other words it would not be in the sellers interest to advertise all in one go if they want to use this method of multiple ads to 'bump' up their 'for sales'?

I also presume that amphibians and inverts etc are not covered but this rule, nor quail and other food items?

Sorry to be pedantic but these guidelines do not seem that clear. 'what is deemed a commercial quantity is the sole discretion of a Moderator/Administrator"

Once again, number of reptiles. Exactly as written in rules and pasted here by Colin.

there seems to be a problem with the new anti bumping system and some posts are not being absorbed into the previous post within a 72 hour period as it should.

so we are asking members to please not unecessarily bump their adverts withinin the 72 hours rule. any members that we feel are abusing the system while this problem exists will be infracted for it.

thanking you for your understanding and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back