new central netted dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camt44

Reaction score
hey, i bought 4 one month old central netted dragons on the weekend. they are so tiny compared to my big beardies! anyway, i am keeping them in a 50 litre plastic tub with just a 60 watt lamp hanging over the side (i am waiting for my order of all the proper bulbs including UVB) and am taking the tub outside each day for half an hour to an hour of supervised sun time (which i heard gives them far more benefit than artificial bulbs anyway). their tub has a sand layer on the bottom (which i heard they need as they love to dig, which i have seen, and they don't have the problems with impacction that beardies do) and a small water dish. anyway, i originally had rocks in there with them (on the bottom of the plastic) which they would dig a hole under and stay there the whole time... when i went to look for them they always looked squashed almost, so i have taken the rocks out... is that a good idea? also, they aren't very keen eaters, is this just a normal thing with them being so stressed out from moving? its what happened with my beardies, so i am guessing it is the same deal... sorry for all the questions... i attached some pictures aswell so you can check them out!

Attachments

• IMGP5288.jpg
    IMGP5288.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 66
  • IMGP5293.jpg
    IMGP5293.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGP5295.jpg
    IMGP5295.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 67
:D
they are sooooo cute!! cant wait to see them in person. oh and angus found his run away.... it hadnt run away at all. just hid itself under the sand :) silly little dragons.
but yeah they are awesome. congrats on the new purchase :)

thanks amy! they are so awesome... and tiny, my beardies could eat them in one go! i cant believe he found it, buried in sand. it doesn't surprise me though, mine spend the whole day digging.

yeh i heard 6 or 7 in the wild and upto 10 in captivity. they are relatively short lived lizards...

Absolutely gorgeous! I have a pair of these guys too and they are excellent captives - very active and very interesting.

When I first got them I was always getting scared that I'd lost them only to find they had buried themselves in some obscure place! I've completely emptied their enclosure and sifted the sand on more than one occasion to find them! I'd put the rocks back in and not panic hahaha

As for feeding I find mine have voracious appetites, but on some days won't eat at all.

that is really good to hear. i had the rocks in and every time i would go to see them, one would be missing! i would lift up the rocks and one would have dug a tunnel right underneath the rock and it looked like he had been squashed (the rocks were secure on the bottom of the tub, so it was safe) so i took the rocks out to try to encourage them to come out and about and try to feed and not just hide the whole time. but they tried to dig under their water bowl and even my fingers in lieu of the rocks, so i fet sorry for them and put in a fake log/hide thingie. i am sooo anxious about them though, being so small! i'll wait for tomorrow and try to feed them before i go to uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back