New coastal carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkjkdt1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought id put up some pics of our male(SHAR KHAN) new girlfriend.
ANIKA is a 15month old coastal that we got from Rob (Dee4 on here).
We got her on the 17th march and she's already shed once and feeds like a champ on 40g rats, she is getting used to us and her surrounding and hopefully grows into a real stunner.

Yeah well if it is a coastal its very nice and a good addition to your collection but im still with jungle ;) Also abit small for a 15 month old coastal my boys 1.5 meters and is on 80 - 100 gram rats and hes 13 months

Yeah well if it is a coastal its very nice and a good addition to your collection but im still with jungle ;) Also abit small for a 15 month old coastal my boys 1.5 meters and is on 80 - 100 gram rats and hes 13 months

That is amazing! 1.5m and already on rats at only 13months!
My Coastal is 13 months old (have not had her sexed yet - hoping female) and she is only 76cm, and still on fuzzy mice..

This also may be a silly question, but do you weigh the rats before feeding? or does it appear on the packaging? I breed my own but have never weighed them.. Is this common practice?

it does look like a jungle... very different to the coastal i just bought, she is also very small for her age at 2yrs old. previous owner was one of those minimalist feeders, im not so she'll soon catch up to proper size...

Attachments

• coastal.jpg
    coastal.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 126
  • coastal2.jpg
    coastal2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 130
  • coastal44.jpg
    coastal44.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 111
This is my male darwin, have been asked on many occasions if he is a coastal....now i'm getting confused...lmao

Looks like a coastal to me but thats just my opinion :) But is very nice, akasha fuzzy mice o_O Definatly get him onto rats lmfao how many fuzzy rats do you feed him a week? But i do reccomend getting him onto rats asap!!

This also may be a silly question, but do you weigh the rats before feeding? or does it appear on the packaging? I breed my own but have never weighed them.. Is this common practice?[/QUOTE]

I bred my own rats and weigh all there food, id also suggest you try and get your snake onto rats sooner rather than later.

My coastals only 13 months and eating 100+ gram rats too. He would be roughly 1.5 meters too. Thats normal right?

I start my carpets on pinky rats. Personally I try to avoid mice. As they are hard to obtain or keep in my location.

looks very nice, god i am still trying to decide on my next snake and they all look so cool

Hi all,
Just thought id put up some pics of our male(SHAR KHAN) new girlfriend.
ANIKA is a 15month old coastal that we got from Rob (Dee4 on here).
We got her on the 17th march and she's already shed once and feeds like a champ on 40g rats, she is getting used to us and her surrounding and hopefully grows into a real stunner.

jungle x coastal or a cape york coastal... would be my guess

thats a random guess
well i tried to norrow it down a bit.. unlike just 'coastal' that was your guess.. any type/local or are you just sticking to 'coastal' as a safe bet? it was just a guess because the owner does not seem to know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back