New Enclosure Build With Diy Fiberglass Rock Wall For Reptile Room

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be adding a hinged door to the front of the hide with a plastic clip, and i will add more glass to the door to add to the efect, the hole will be cut in the side and i will make bowls the same way but i'm doing them seperate so that i can take them out and clean them.
This took me about 2lt of resin.
i still got to give it abit of a clean around the vent but i will do that when i finish the rest of it.

Can't wait to see the finished project, is the corflute going into the hide?

I put the box in it for a hide, so i wouldn't have to put one in later on, and the coreflute goes inside, with my other ones i put abit of coco peat over them to make it softer for the snake and the heat just keeps it nice and warm for them.
It will be abit more hiden once the branches and fake rock water bowl goes in, and it still needs the sand on it, this is just the base cote so there is colour behind the sand, like on garden ponds.

Here is the second one i made, i'm not puting the hides on the wall now if i put them in i'll make them as a seperate rock on the side to make it look more realistic, i use the first one as a test for other ideas but they seem to be geting abit better with practice.

I've used real sand and it sticks real well to the glass as i scraped of all the rest and hosed it off, so i'll use different colours for different efects.

Still verry light and strong and if i want to change it i can just take it out.

That looks awesome and seems so easy to do, i love the idea of using the wood frame. You could also make a cover piece to go where the Square opening is to there hide as well and just make it removable

got the first one nealy done, just needs some branches and hide rocks and glass.

I had to find a way to incorperate my tanks for the small skinks and geckos and now there at eyes hight so it works well.

i used creek sand for the top ones and desert sand for the bottom.

The skinks seem to be happy in there new home.

The vents are in the front now, and are stips of perforated steel painted black, so i could have the whole rock wall on the back to look abit more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back