new enclosure "what do you think"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevnshi

Reaction score
hi how is everyone. just had to show off my new enclosure i made.
corner tv cabinet, $50 on ebay lol then take to it with a hammer and screwdriver add some perspex and vents and background paper stick in a branch hook up sum electrics and walah

DSCF5265.jpg

View attachment 143839

Attachments

• DSCF5355.jpg
    DSCF5355.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 259
Thanks guys, still a few finishing touches to add, couple more branches ect but pretty much done. Open to any more ideas too!

Just our coastal boy for now, waiting for his girlfriend to be sent within the next few weeks

looks good, just check to see how much the perspex will flex in the middle (top and bottom) last thing u want is an escapee

no flexing, its 10mm thick! thanks though, the last thing we need is a snake on the loose with two birds across the room!

DSC02500.jpg
Buying and converting entertainment units off ebay or through other second hand methods is the cheapest way to get an enclosure, and of course they look like the rest of the furniture too.

I've done this a few times myself. Here's a 6ft unit (already once converted to hold a fish tank) which I added a facia to for sliding doors. There is an access hole through the floor into the dvd cavity in the centre, now used as a hide box.

Good thinking and good work.

Last edited:
I was just going to do the exzact same thread... but ill just use yours... everybody lets see the home made inclosures.
I made mine out of an old set of draws. The dimming thermostat and the glass doors, thermometre were all the costs. I found some bamboo growing in some dudes yard and for backgrounds i used the centrefolds out of reptiles australia and tails and scales. im putting a baby scrub python in there.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu357/a1manmarchnband/Picture044.jpg

"Ursey" as we call her will like her new home. She loves to climb...
Awesome job on the enclosure......

thanks everyone for all the positive comments, turned out even better than i expected so thats always a plus!
Ian_davo - cant wait to get her & put her in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back