New enclosure...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpMad

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This has been my little arts and crafts project the last few days...
its about 95% complete and since i have the artistic ability of your common garden snail this was what i have come up with.

Built from scratch from merbau hardwood and pine tounge and groove, collected a heap of styrafoam to construct the fake rock wall.

The ledge has heat cord woven through it and the water dish has a small waterfall flowing into it.

All of which has been wired up to run off 4 chrome switches on the side so there is only one cable running from the back, and the transformers for the thermo and water pump are hidden in the void on top...

And a quick little picture of its new resident... :)

Commets, Critisism and questions are all welcome..

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 156
My god, that looks incredible! love it :) I need to get around to putting together at least one nice cage...might do some sort of display enclosure for my pair of bredli's...Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

HerpMad how much did that enclosure cost you to build. Not exactly but roughly. Looks nice and what the measurements of the enclosure.

HerpMad how much did that enclosure cost you to build. Not exactly but roughly. Looks nice and what the measurements of the enclosure.

Hey Dragonboy69,

Not exactly sure how much the entire set up would cost, because most of the timber i already had in my shed (im a chippy)

But if i had to put a price on it you would probably get some change from $400 for materials, glass door/timber/paint/cable/water pump... the thermo and heat cord would obviously vary on the brand.

Measurements, the whole set up is just shy of 1000mm high by 550mm wide and 420 deep, i didnt really have a plan, i had the branch and build everything around it haha...

That looks great! That's what I want mine to look like... So far all I have done is restrained the outside, put ventilation in, and collected the styrofoam. Haha! You have inspired me to get my act together and stop procrastinating.

What was your process with the rock wall? Did you render over the styrafoam, and/or paint and then seal? What products did you use?

Thanks for sharing! :)

Hey Sunny Girl,
Yeah the back round is a composite of styrafoam and expansion filler, i found the easiest way to creat random shapes (I.E nature) was to start of with a basic foam shape and then expansion fill all of the straight/even edges, then a few undercoats of fine tile grout for a base, then basic mission brown base colour then just went to town with whites and greys to give it an aged look...

hope that helps, and glad to be an inspiration :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back