New enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MURRAY

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly I have to say what a great site. Secondly I am on the lookout for a new enclosure. I live in Darwin (not my choice) and I am new to the area. What I would like to know is that anybody out there from Dawin (if there is any) could help me by giving me some names of people here where I can one. Thanks :)

Chris

Hey Murray and welcome... Keep an eye on the For Sale coloumns... You might find something you like there. And it just may be worth postage to darwin.. You never know your luck. Or Build your own.. I am about to ....Bought the wood...Just gotta get into actually building it.... If you do builf it..Of course it will be the size you want...But also...If you unsure of the setup..materials.. size.. etc .. I know experienced people(and those that think they are) will help you out with any questions you have on this site.

Reason why I say build it yourself... Of course you need to be a bit of a handyman.. But it is so much cheaper...... I am building a 6 foot by 4 foot enclosure.. Divided into two separate areas with glass sliding window fronts.. For just over $400. You wont get one that cheap in a shop or built for you....

Good Luck anyways...And have fun...:)

Hello,

An idea given to me for our next enclosure is a cupboard, remove the insides of the doors and replace with acrylic or even glass... add some ventalation and some lighting/heating and wallah, an enclosure.

I've found a cheap cupboard ($20 from Life line) and am still at the drawing board for 'dressing' it. So I'll post some before and after pics... When I finally start AND THEN finish it.

Keep us posted ScottBec!
I did the same with an old sideboard antique cupboard from the Salvation Army and fitted the lights and deco's and my Beardie loves it.
:lol:

We are about to "rebirth" a tv/entertainment unit into three or four enclosures. This way you don't have to be as handy as a handy man! and its cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back