New enclosures for Coastals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenClark

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Over the course of the next 12-18 months I will be converting the TV units below into enclosures for our Coastals.

This one I picked up today, won it on eBay for $1.04 which was rounded up to $1.05!!

It is quite deceiving in the photo, it is pretty deep around the sides. I will remove the shelf and cover the front in fixed glass with a door on the side. I am unsure about ventilation, maybe some vents or perhaps cutting a hole in the roof and covering it with that tough fly screen.
cabin.jpg

This one was $50 from Salvos store. I will be removing the top glass doors and most of the top shelf leaving a basking area that will be reachable via a branch. Then covering the front with fixed glass and cutting a door in the side. As with the other one I am still unsure about ventilation
cabin2.jpg

My old man is a sparky and will be wiring both units up.

It is a long project as the snakes are only yearlings so plenty of time to do it.

Got to love bargains!!

This is one I hope to be able to have back to my place by this Sunday. It's Hardwood (tick) It's more than enough room for my Jungle at his adult size (tick) and like you, I have lots of time to convert it (tick!) As we are in rental properties, I'm going to try and avoid a side door and try to work out sliders or a large hinged door on the front, to always maintain good access.

The shelf is not fixed (which is awesome, it's a big job out of the way as it's the whole of the space that I can use) and internal dimensions are 925W x 600D x 1200H which is a total of 660 Litres, so I'm stoked.

$(KGrHqYOKpcE5k09ncR4BOjSwoZfdg~~60_12[1].jpg

Just a matter or getting it home (for $30!) and fitting it out (already have the fittings, will transfer them over)

My Jungle is currently in a 400 Litre enclosure but it's not deep enough for him as an adult (only 37cm deep) so this will be a great upgrade once finished :)

I'm more into mahogany and dark furniture but when something like this comes along it's hard not to take!

Best of luck with yours, can't wait to see updated photo's :)

I have just made one completed it and moved my coastal into it, got one of everything in it but he still loves the hollow tree trunk in it (90% of his time in it) a good idea for a DIY I work in the mines so the time I'm home it gives me something to do, good luck with it, keep posting progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back