New Features

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Hi All,

In this topic I'll be keeping you up to date on new features on the site. If you have a feature request, please feel free to post it here also.

February
  • RSS Feed (New Posts)
    Point your aggregator to http://www.aussiepythons.com/newposts.rss for the latest forum posts from APS. The old URL will still work for now, but this allows us the option to expand with new RSS feeds in the future.
  • General Style Fixes
    APS should now work consistently in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera or any other browser.
  • Change to em Based Fonts
    Font sizes should now be consistent no matter what size screen is being used and should be changable using the browser's font size setting.
  • Retractable Blocks
    Clicking on a block header will hide a block.
  • Google Search
    There is a search block on the left which will allow searching of APS on Google, feedback about its usefulness would be great.
  • Hide Left Blocks
    Clicking the "<" on the top menu bar will hide/show the left blocks. This allows people with lower resolutions to better see pages with lots of content (eg photos).
  • APS Mobile
    For hardcore APS addicts, navigating your mobile phone to http://aussiepythons.com/mobile will give you all the latest forum posts anywhere you are.
  • RSS Feed (All Posts)
    Point your aggregator to http://www.aussiepythons.com/allposts.rss for the latest forum posts from APS. The difference with this feed is it contains ALL posts made, not just the most recent in each topic.

Hey, I'm not sure if it's just my computer or not but the text on the forums is HUGE, is this just a temp thing while your sorting the site out or is there something up with my comp?

Check your browser's text size settings and ensure it's set to "Normal". I had someone complain that it was too small and it turned out they had it sent to "Smaller" - you may have yours set to something larger than default.

I just figured out what the "block header" thingy was that you are talking about. Don't you just love my very technical terminology.... :lol:
that is a very cool idea for when there are pictures included in post.
You are doing a fantastic job btw SJ, you need to ask your dad for permanent wages now....

Tell me anything you like. I will never be able to work any of it out anyway.

It's MASSIVE for me too ,where the hell is the browser tex size,actually there's MASSIVE and tiny writing,almost need a magnifying glass :?

Usually under the "View" menu. Depends what browser you are using.

up in the menu Browns, theres VIEW, scroll down and youll get text, open that and select the appropriate size

Sweet,got it,thanx guys,i'm about as computer literate as a brick :wink:

i'm about as computer literate as a brick

lol, tell me about it, it was me that sj was talking about, lol, even with a magnifying glass i still couldn't see the writing, had to copy and past sj's pms into my word pad and enlarge it just to read how to fix my problem, lol, and even after all that it took another member to spell it out for me to fix it right, lol,
thanks for that fly2high

cheers,
steve...........

Ok, um, what's a block header thingy? I've found the < on the left hand side, but the retractable block header has got me beat!

Hey SJ I have an enhancement request.

You know on the entrance page where there is a list of the most recently posted to threads. I am wondering if it would be possible to have a button that takes you to the end of the thread (last page of a multipage thread) rather than the head of the thread?

Just click this
icon_latest_reply.gif
next to the thread and it'll take you to the end :)

I noticed stuff looks quite odd in IE 5 - I'll work on it as soon as I get a chance.

SJ, the Google search function works really well! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back