New Features

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSS feed
Fantastic! I never browse the forums now, going from one menu to the other. LOVE this feature. I use the Wizz RSS 2.0.7 add in for Firefox and it works a treat!

Style fixes
Yep - looks pretty good. I.E. still centres some text which is left justified in other browsers, but that's a fault in I.E. not adhering to standards. Onya Bill!

Font Sizes
Works really well in Firefox. I.E. font size changes look a bit sloppy in Internet Explorer.

Retractible Blocks
Excellent! Works well. It's a pity that it doesn't retain the changes when moving around, but it's great for a temporary change instead of having to scroll down to check a lower block.

Google Search
Works really well, as I said earlier. The time it takes to load the Google ad at the bottom sometimes negatively impacts on the load time, but not too bad on the whole. I take it that the ad is necessary as part of the conditions of use of the Google Search?

Hide Left Block
Excellent too! Especially when someone has posted a picture that is wider than the standard screen. It would be great if this could somehow be added to the bottom of the screen so we didn't have to scroll back to the top to select it..... perhaps near the bottom New Topic button? May not be possible, but it would be nice.

Coming along very nicely, SJ!

It may look like I'm a Microsoft basher, but that's not the case. Until recently I've always said, "Why switch? I.E. works and it's free. Why change?". However, more and more I'm finding that the lack of adherence to standards adversely affects the operation of I.E.

Firefox is free too and (in my opinion) works a whole lot better and I'd recommend it to anyone. The Tabbed windows function is probably the best function for me. Maybe the new I.E. Version 7 will be better when it's released, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes David. I've been testing on IE7 Beta 2, it is a LOT better. Tabbed browsing, etc is included, and it adheres a lot better to standards too. The only thing I don't like is the button placement - it's a lot less customisable than Firefox which means you have to learn to use the browser, not the browser learning you :)

well Mel will just go back and sit in her little "lost" cushion in the corner... feel like joining me lily? i only got as far as the block header thingy that i figured out and then all this technical talk went straight over me head....

Does anybody actually pay the outrageous prices for accessing that stuff? Oh well, I guess we gotta cater for everyone! :) Thanks for the explanation...

Question Adam. If I click on rss feed (from my site) it opens the relavent thread in a new window. problem is that even if im already logged in, the new window has me as guest. wondering why this is? something to do with my rss output?

Don't know if this helps, Inny, but on my RSS reader there is the facility to enter your username and password. It also installs as a sidebar in Firefox or you can run it as a separate app.. Brilliant! Update the feed and then click the new items and it takes me right to the unread section of the thread - in the same window. You CAN set it up for a separate window for each thread too, so maybe that's where your problem is. (?). I'm using Wizz RSS.

Ok thanks for that Dave, im using one called sharpreader. Thats my desktop aggregater. but the output for APS feed on my site is a javascript, im thinking it might be something in that, this is where the 'guest' thing is happening. the desktop reader works much like yours.

thanks Adam

Cheers :)

My Gott! you looked at my site? :p Lol

yeah it seems to be working perfectly now. maybe it was a browser glitch (IE)
im going to have to get used to firefox i think. Anyway, thanks again !

:)

What to you mean Africa, there's nothing wrong with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back