New heat source for enclosure bank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

disintegratus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I've got a four bank of enclosures, each one is roughly 60x45x45ish, and they currently run on globes, but I've been having a couple of issues maintaining an adequate gradient because they're so bloody small. Idealy I'd want to upgrade enclosure size, but unfortunately that's just not viable at the moment, at least not until the renos are finished. So what I'm thinking of doing is converting the whole unit to run on a single heat cord. Is this a viable option, and would an 80watt cord be adequate, or too much? It's hooked up to a dimming thermo, and i'd probably be looking at making a shelf/box type device for one corner of each tank, so the snakes can sit underneath to get heat from above, or bask on top to get heat from below.
Any ideas/opinions welcome, thanks!:)

Can't see why it wouldn't work, lots of people run click clack racks on one long heat cord. Four tiles and a heat cord won't cost a heap, might take a bit of playing around to get all the temps the same; you may have to have a bit less cord in the upper banks to offset the radiant heat from the lower bank. Good luck.

Thanks for that, I didn't think about the heat rising from the lower enclosures, will have to factor that in. cheers:)

yeah my bottom enclosure has a 75 watt bulb and the enclosure above it sits at about 25 degrees and the main enclosure sits on 30 degrees so depending on materials of the enclosure may have to fiddle around with it a bit but i like heat cords better then lamps cost less to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back