New Henry Lawsoni

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_timmy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, My name is Tim and i just purchased my first Henry Lawsoni on Saturday. What a cutie he is, he's just still quite scared of me and hopefully in a few weeks, everything will be good. I got one of the URS Tanks with the globes and fittings and Microclimate thermostat. I've changed the bulbs to a 100W Zoomed basking globe and a 24" Arcadia 12% linear tube UVB. I been having troubles with the temps with the original URS basking globe that came with it so then i purchased the Zoomed one and it heated his basking spot up to where it needs to be. I have been checking the temps with a Lucky Reptile Dual probe Thermometer and an infrared sensor. and they seem only about 0.5 to 1 degree off so that's pretty good. Some times the basking spot goes up the 39 degrees Cecilius then comes down again. His cool side is 28-29 degrees Celsius. Now with the uvb it will be situated 12" away from him while he basks which a reptile vet i spoke to said is fine. if i bring it down any closer, will it bring the temps up a real lot since i measured the bulb as being 50 degrees Celsius. I know he is scared but he is getting better and does seem to bask a bit more but he just really isn't climbing a lot too. Also with his food, he liked crickets but he would only eat them if they were in front of him but he LOVES woodies, i got some today and he just went ballistic, I've never seen him run around the tank with his tongue out before lol, it was so cute. He isn't really interested in vegies much, he does have a little bit of carrot and cabbage but that's it, won't eat other stuff. that's pretty much all. I'll upload some photos, the tank isn't much i know but i'll try and make it better eventually, and once he's settled in, i'll be playing with him outside the tank often.

Is there any suggestions to make him feel less intimidated by me, the tank is glass so i know he can see everything, i need to fix that but don't know what to put

Thanks everyone,
Cheers, Tim

Attachments

• 2011-10-14 12.55.11.jpg
    2011-10-14 12.55.11.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 2011-10-14 15.36.47.jpg
    2011-10-14 15.36.47.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 2011-10-14 16.19.54.jpg
    2011-10-14 16.19.54.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 2011-10-14 16.20.02.jpg
    2011-10-14 16.20.02.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 2011-10-14 16.20.12.jpg
    2011-10-14 16.20.12.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 62
Nice looking setup, cute little pygmy, as long as the little guy can get within 8 inches or so of the UV tube he'll be fine, uv tubes heat up alot but don't radiate much heat so won't effect tank temp much at all (deg or two max) , maybe add another branch or two, my 2 pygmies love to climb but apart from that looks little your all sorted. Nice work

^ agreed.
Just keep dusting the crickets and woodies with calcium and vitamins.
Also leave your hand in his enclosure for a few mins. then after a few days hold him inside his enclosure. then after a few days try and hold him in his enclosure for longer say 10 mins. You will build trust and he will be fine. Mine is a great little reptile and happy to hang with me when im in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back