New here. :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myvekk

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I picked up a license a while back & had a couple of beardies, but they just stopped eating after a while. After a bit of a break, I acquired a couple of juvenile Stimies during a reptile show that was fairly local. They were a couple of months old at the time. I picked the ones that had, to me, the nicest looking patterns. :)

They are now close to 2 years old. 1 stopped eating for a couple of months, but as it wasn't moving around much I suspected it might have been bromating. Recently a change of brand in mice & it snapped it straight up; :) Looks like it just didn't like the flavour of the other ones! When I got them as juveniles, they were tentatively identified as a male & a female. The one that kept eating is now ~90cm or so, the other ~75-80cm. Now I just need to verify if they are really one of each or what they actually are.

The CF card in my DSLR died, so here are the phone pics. Must get a replacement for it...

I picked up a license a while back & had a couple of beardies, but they just stopped eating after a while. After a bit of a break, I acquired a couple of juvenile Stimies during a reptile show that was fairly local. They were a couple of months old at the time. I picked the ones that had, to me, the nicest looking patterns. :)

They are now close to 2 years old. 1 stopped eating for a couple of months, but as it wasn't moving around much I suspected it might have been bromating. Recently a change of brand in mice & it snapped it straight up; :) Looks like it just didn't like the flavour of the other ones! When I got them as juveniles, they were tentatively identified as a male & a female. The one that kept eating is now ~90cm or so, the other ~75-80cm. Now I just need to verify if they are really one of each or what they actually are.

The CF card in my DSLR died, so here are the phone pics. Must get a replacement for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Another question. Can you tell the origin locale of Stimson's from the pattern of their markings? I would like to give them as natural as possible environment in their tank.

Attachments

• Snake tank.jpg
    Snake tank.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Salmisra.jpg
    Salmisra.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 93
  • sadi.jpg
    sadi.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status