New Idea wanna no what you think?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a herp room as a caravan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it gets about 40%hotter then it is outside lol i have 2 fans going all day

Caravans severely lack insulation, heating a cold enclosure in a cold room isn't all that hard, but cooling enclosures that are 40 Deg C & over is hard. You would have to mount in A/C, insulation, etc.
It would get too expensive too fast. That's just my opinion.

yeah pretty much on the money, anyone who has owned a caravan will know what summers can be like inside, badly lacks in insulation

For around the same money as an old caravan you could get an old site office , basicly a movable room . They can easily be moved using a flat tray tow truck , can be put on the ground anywnere [ preferably on gravel ] and come with power points . Easy to heat and aircon , no round corners to deal with as in a van .l had one as a shed years ago .

yep sure do used to work in factory next to heaters it got hot but there are ways around shade it insalate the walls and so on maybe a few more years more tecnougly

I bought freezer container from shipping company, well insulated and Stanley steel lined from inside cheaply for $550 delivered 10 years ago. Shipping companies always have some old ones for sell.

you wuold have to make the caravan pretty theft proof! maybe remove the wheels until you have to move it yourself. Can imagine someone reversing up and driving away with your whole callection!! :shock:

Gary is right. If you've ever spent time in a caravan you'll know how HOT they get, very quickly. They also get very cold. This seems to be the case no matter how well you insulate them. Plus they end up leaking, harbouring rodents, accumulate mould spores in humid weather.... the list of probable issues is quite long. A shipping crate would be ideal if you could ensure a low temperature, but it would need to be air conditioned and well ventilated in hot weather. You've sown an evil seed in my herp-keeper brain Slateman :)

Buy a portable building or office.
These are already properly insulated and come with air con.
However they are not cheap. I was looking for one a few years ago for a fish room.

I think it could get very "stuffy" inside during summer and very cold in winter, so you'd have to see about insulation and think about the air flow....sounds ok initially, but I think in the long run it'd a lot of hassle...but if you're prepared to do the work.....why not !!!

I'd be saying the office or container over the caravan. Not only is the caravan easily backed up to and towed away it wouldn't take much to get through the walls or break open the door so security would be a huge problem. Plus it would be cramped after shoving enclosures in there, if you start using banks they'll be hard to move around and near impossible to get in and out of the caravan doors.

The amount of cash your talking about and effort involved...Man you could just build some top notch enclosures that could fit along the walls of you place and look great! & it can go with you where ever you go! Even add some design flare and portable aircon to your rental home. (I have a top dimplex portable airconditioner for sale if anyones interested, can deliver along south coast and up to sydney next month.)

Why cant you just get a shipping container much easier and can probably hold a lot more enclosures because its only a rectangle, plus lighting would be easy and insulation would be easy as well

please do not take this personally as it is not intended that way but thats just about the lamest idea i have heard, particularly in the melbourne climate

lol its a dream, the office will be the idea or container the caravan has gone out the window cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back