new lacey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazylizzy

Reaction score
not long ago i made a new addition to my gang,
i was a bit over (or under lol)whelmed about the size, so had to set up an emergency indoor inclosure.. im glad i did tho, its great :)
with 10mm glass, and measuring in at 3m long it holds heat well.. and looks good.. but weighs a bloody tonne! i havnt quite got the wiring figured out yet LOL
thorght id share :).
would love to see other peoples enclosures :) please post!

Attachments

• 23052011(001).jpg
    23052011(001).jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 23052011.jpg
    23052011.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 23052011(003).jpg
    23052011(003).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 268
WOW! That enclosure is amazing! I'm sure that little girl/guy will love it. Glad to see it's doing well.
Keep us updated on its progress.

Dan

thankyou! im very happy with the little guy, he is feeding like a pig, looks awsome, and is getting less skittish by the day. a perfect specimen. thankyou very much :)

Nice enclosure, and beautiful lacey mate, love the bell's phase.

thankyou :).. the tail curl is a bit worrying tho lol... (just noticed in tho photo)

its 80 deep and 50 high. yes i know, but its hard to find something to suit within a few days lol. he should feel safe enough in his heated hide box lol, which i am yet to intrude.. hopefully i wont have to :).

they tend to be arboreal at that size, i would have built height not length.
Jack, l agree 100% with you that height is far more important other than length for a Lace Monitor, like you say they are arboreal at that size.

So for anyone to even think of getting a Lace Monitor, without first having the right size enclosure to house them in, either does not care about the Monitor or has not done any or much research, on how they live natually out in the wild.

The enclosure sure looks awesome you could easily keep Ridge-Tailed or Storrs Monitors in that enclosure.

View attachment 203088

This is what l would house a Lace Monitor in indoors until they get to 4 foot long, if l was keeping any inddors myself, this enclosure is 6 foot square by 3 foot high, and you could easily keep a Lace Monitor in it until they get to 1 metre long, then house them outdoor in a much larger enclosure.

Last edited:
thanks for the concern, but i have done all my 'research'. i have multiple outdoor enclosures, and personally i think yours are way too small for a 1m specimen. i have never owned a lacey under 5 months old, and was surprised at the size and made the last minute dicision not to keep it outside, and that is exactly where it is going later along with my other fat and healthy laceys. anyone who thinks its wrong to keep a reptile 15cm long in a 3m x 80 x50 for a few months is an idiot...

Everyone is going to have their own opinions of what is right and wrong when housing any lizard or snake. I keep all my hatchling/juvie Laceys in 1.2L x .9D x .5H size enclosures, and upgrade as they grow. In the 9yrs that i have been keeping and breeding Lace monitors i have never had any issues housing them in an enclosure that has more length then height. I agree that in the wild juvies spend most of the time up in trees, but that is in the wild where they have predators and the need to survive. It’s a completely different story when in captivity. They don’t have to worry about trying to survive from predators. As long as they have room to move around, heat, food, hides, and things to climb on they will be perfectly happy! That is my opinion and i’m sure some people won’t agree and think i’m wrong, but it works for me.
Your enclosure is perfectly fine. That Lacey is very lucky!

theres way to much critisism on this website i do love this website im on here all the time but some ppl just take things way too far calling ppl idiots etc its a bit of a joke

i agree bluey87,
it seems that if someone shows their enclosure or new animal everyone is nice and likes it and then their are some 'know it alls' that just critisize them and say their doing it all wrong!

tru tru as a newb i restrained myself from asking some questions on here that i thought were a bit silly just because i saw how some ppl critisized others just for not already knowing the ansewrs of the questions they asked or not doing it exactly as others had done so i didnt want those responses so i found my answers elsewhere ps. lovely lacey it has the most fantastic colours and enclousure is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back