New Lizard found..(spiky lizard)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindSnake

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning and grabbed some substrate (news paper) when this story grabbed my attention.

Spiky lizard in dangerous roadside prank

A McLAREN Vale man believes he's fallen victim to a perverse payback against motorists who deliberately cause roadkill.
Drew Smith was pulling over to answer his mobile phone on Monday, December 29, when his tyre was punctured by a toy lizard with nails sticking out of its back, on the side of Main South Rd. "It was just on the side of the road in a spot your average person wouldn't run over it," he said. "I think it was aimed at people who would swerve to hit it."
Mr Smith said it cost about $20 to fix the tyre but he was more concerned about the potential risk the lizard might pose to other drivers.
"It was nailed into the ground so that it wouldn't blow away. I've removed this one but if they put another one down it could be dangerous.
"the nails are the same colour as the road so you can't see them."

Southern times, January 7, 2009.

Im reserving comment on this one..:)

Attachments

• Drew Smith with Spiky Smith.jpg
    Drew Smith with Spiky Smith.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 532
  • Spiky dragon close up.jpg
    Spiky dragon close up.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 580
That a good idea they put it on the side of the road so if you try to kill it thats when it gets you

more likely " I was swerving to run over it cause the only good reptile is a dead one " .....classic should of thought that one out myself ..wonder if it comes in snakes as well..............

i think that is a great idea. if you are going to swerve off the road simply to kill a lizard, then you get what you deserve.

I hate seeing people swerve to kill wildlife as much as the next red blooded Aussie..
But i don't think this is a good idea at all.

The weird thing i find about this is that it is on one of the busies$t arterial roads linking metro adelaide to the outer southern suburbs. Why would someone be so stupid to do a rediculous prank like that. it wouls cause terrible crashes. I would be suing the person who did it.

This is great!!!
I hope it happens more, then every one will swerve any reptile they see incase its covered in spikes!!
Why did I not think of this?
Lol, what a load of crap, he was pulling over to answer his phone..
good job!

What a great story, and great that is gets the media publicity it deserves.
Should be more of this type of action in areas where lizards and snakes are the
victims of redneck heroes.?

There is another storey about someone putting road spikes in a dead python. Ive always wanted to put a rubber snake on the road and see how many serve. Im not aloud to do it though incase someone rolls it lol.

Ive always wanted to put a rubber snake on the road and see how many serve.

Put a rubber snake on the side of the road, not on the road.
This will give a better indication when they swerve to hit it
and you wont cause a compassionate driver to swerve to miss it.

Yeah thats what i meant, side of the road not the middle, sorry

I can understand why someone would pull this prank, but they certainly don't have much going on upstairs.

All I can think is "what if some idiot swerves to hit it, loses a tire and crashes horribly". I think most of us wouldn't be too upset.

However.

"What if some idiot swerves to hit it, loses a tire and crashes horribly killing himself, his three children and wife".

I couldn't live with myself.

LOL, thats a great idea!

i'm gonna start putting them EVERYWHERE!!! :)

"What if some idiot swerves to hit it, loses a tire and crashes horribly killing himself, his three children and wife".

I couldn't live with myself.

But think of all the snakes and lizards you'd save! Especially with his three red necked children out of the way!

sssssnakeman is right - you can what if and even if the cows did come home and waited on the front porch for you to let them in - you probably would have to think if it really did or could happen.

Why not practise in quiet roads firstly :)

But think of all the snakes and lizards you'd save! Especially with his three red necked children out of the way!

sssssnakeman is right - you can what if and even if the cows did come home and waited on the front porch for you to let them in - you probably would have to think if it really did or could happen.

Why not practise in quiet roads firstly :)

lol. I didn't mean to sound quite so prudish about it in my original reply.

I'm a nervous driver at the best of times, and the idea of fools out there trying to add to the road toll, be it through good intentions or not, still gives me the willies :D

but you're right, there's plenty of what ifs - and there's the element of unknown... but that's the risk you take as a wildlife killer too - there's a big unknown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back