New Member saying Hi...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickxr6t

Reaction score
Hello to all on this forum. I have signed up because i was concidering getting another Python. I had one quite a few years ago (Childrens Python) but lost him to a stupid mistake!! I was living at my Mum's house and purchased him as a baby. I built my own Vivarium for him using an old TV stand which worked very well. However, Didn't take long before my Mum started objecting that there was a Snake in the house so i moved him into my backyard shed. The shed was Air conditioned and he seemed happy as there was less traffic. Well this is where the happiness ends. I went away for the weekend and Adelaide had its hottest FEB day for something like 80 years (46.1c if i can remember right) and when i returned he was dead!!:cry: Seems the air con had shorted out the safety switch and killed the power to the shed. I hate to think what the Python had gone through and how hot that shed would have been.. So as you can see this is why i have never got another Python up till now. I am now a Father to two beautiful Girls and ofcourse have my own house. Just yesterday i was driving with my youngest (4yrs old) and i saw a Reptile Centre on a little back street. I think the stores name is actually The Reptile Centre here in NE suburbs of Adelaide! lol. I couldn't help but to stop and check it out. Well, you dont have to guess what im feeling now because im writing on this forum :). I was looking at a beautiful baby Stimson and my daughter just loved it. That seems like a good excuse for me. Hope the wife buys it. Anyway, i went to another store today to check out prices and stuff like that. Does $350 seem a bit rich for a baby Macdonnell Ranges childrens python? Seems so to me. I like the Reptile One Vivariums also what do you all think of these? Well, hope i didn't bore you all too much. I have plenty more question to come so im sure i'll get more chances to bore you in the future...
Mick.

Hi Mick , welcome , & good on you for wanting to do it right this time . $350 is a tad steep ,
but not too bad.

Mcdonnel rangers stimmies would probably be worth about that much. Maybe a tiny bit less.

HI Mick Welcome to AP&S. Yes, $350 for a baby childrens is a bit on the high side, depends who is selling it and the circumstances, I would rather pay a bit more knowing I am buying from an experienced and reputable breeder.

welcome to APS :)
you will generally always pay more at a petshop type thing then u would a breeder anyway.
good to see ya daughter likes it though :D wish my family was a bit more supportive hehe

Howdy,welcome to this site,pet shops are nearly always a bit more expensive compared to a breeder,most are around $200=$300 mark,btmay cheaper if you no some1.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back