New Outdoor Gippy Cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Reaction score
I have just finished my new outdoor lizard cage for my water dragons and thought i would post some construction pics. It just needs a couple of logs and a gate and its finished (and put gippy's in). Took 2 and a half days to build but has come up great I think and I cant wait to sit out there with a beer and watch em.
Cheers Stevo

72c5f81b.jpg

10a70086.jpg

3049e6dc.jpg

and more with finished inside, will take more pics on weekend once gate is done and dragons are inside.

3664effa.jpg

21ce860f.jpg

9361140f.jpg

Great work, by the look of the pics it seems you've been practising the beer drinking aspect of gippy watching already :wink: (I mean the empties bottles, not commenting on the workmanship :) )

Nice work......I Might have to build my carpets a sunning cage outside.... I am sure it will do the job..:)

Top Job Stevo - Well done!
Cheers
Ad

thats looks fabulous..how many gippies are you putting in there?

Looking pretty good! Will you keep them there all year?

Looks good as ...... cant wait to see some pics with the gippys in there

Nice work, good to see people making their own enclosures.
Exspecially when they are as good as that.

Well done.

danw said:
thats looks fabulous..how many gippies are you putting in there?

I have a trio, 1 male 2 females but i will probably put some bluies in as well.

Thank you all for the compliments I will get more shots with the dragons in on the weekend. I wasnt going to wire it all in but there is too many cats around my neighborhood to take the chance and apparently I'm not allowed to shoot them :lol:

Caveman said:
Looking pretty good! Will you keep them there all year?

Yes they will be in there all year they are found about an hour from me so climate is the same. I just wont see them from april to august.

Stevo said:
I wasnt going to wire it all in but there is too many cats around my neighborhood to take the chance and apparently I'm not allowed to shoot them :lol:

You can trap them and send them home with a carefully worded note around their neck. If you want to know where you can get suitable trap just let us know. If they keep coming back, well, I figure cats make good compost.

Fantastic looking enclosure by the way. I am sure your dragons well be very excited about moving in to their new home.

good job there stevo!! :) might have taken less time to build if you weren't drinking whilst building it ;)

soulweaver said:
good job there stevo!! :) might have taken less time to build if you weren't drinking whilst building it ;)

That would have taken all the fun out of it. I had 2 helpers at no labour cost but we went through 5 slabs and a few B.B.Q's in labour. Mind you i probably drank most of it so was cheap labour.

Herptrader I have a cat trap but i actually get on well with neighbors and I cant really complain as one of my escapee pythons ate all his budgies. :lol: so i let his cat live.

Brilliant job, mate! :)

I'm sure you'll have a heap of fun drinking beer in front of that setup, it looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back