New RHD Womas!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or practicing...because practice makes perfect.

Not that strange. Womas will copulate pretty much year round if you put them together.

Ok ok, lol

I would like to point out that both of these guys have an awesome temperament, the male was just a little hungry after shedding, I guess I look a bit tasty to him lol

Ouch! That looks nasty! How old/long is the male? (hard to tell from photo)

Did he latch on? - Or was it more a defence strike?
(reason I'm asking this... is cause my Woma did strike when we touched his tail)

Ouch! That looks nasty! How old/long is the male? (hard to tell from photo)

Did he latch on? - Or was it more a defence strike?
(reason I'm asking this... is cause my Woma did strike when we touched his tail)

Hey,
The male is a little over 1m.
It wasn't a defence strike, in fact it wasn't a strike at all, he just casually starting nomming on my hand, I suspect I didst wash my hands well enough after handling my rats

Hey,
It wasn't a defence strike, in fact it wasn't a strike at all, he just casually starting nomming on my hand, I suspect I didst wash my hands well enough after handling my rats

I doubt the hand washing had much to do with it. It's fairly common for womas to behave like that. Come to think of it I haven't been bitten in a long time. Not even by any of the hatchies this year. Hahah.

Hey,

Oh, I see...
I was looking at a spotted in a pet shop and she struck my hand and wouldn't let go!
I was later explained to be 'food related'.

(so perhaps that's why I got a Woma instead) but last week, while playing on sofa w/ our Woma... slightly grasping/holding just before it's tail... it mustn't have liked it, as he turned around so quickly and struck and let go. Faster than I could have moved my hand away! I was stricken!!

Since then, he has been really 'ticklish and touchy' around that area, making him a bit more nervous and defensive all the time. (in 'S' shape/striking mode). I just wonder what has changed?!

I doubt the hand washing had much to do with it. It's fairly common for womas to behave like that. Come to think of it I haven't been bitten in a long time. Not even by any of the hatchies this year. Hahah.

A couple of breeders (incl. where we got our Woma from) advised to hand wash prior to handling.

And I quote:
"When handling them, as with many species of pythons, it is a good idea to wash your hands and arms with a strong smelling soap so that errors of mistaken identity are avoided. While I would not rate their (Womas) bite as a particularly bad one compared to other pythons, once they grab you they will not want to let go for a long time so it is an experience best avoided."

You can read full article here:
KEEPING WOMAS, The Champagne of Snakes

Interesting......

I'm having trouble uploading images... how did you do it?

(I have JPEGs as requested, I even took screenshots of them) and I still can't upload anything!

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ovulation?
100_2729.jpg

U need to reset ya date on yur camera...lol...nice snakes!!!

Last edited:
I've been eyeing off womas again... the RHD's of course- best looking locality/by far appeals to me the most... Their err.. temperament/behaviours sound quite interesting, from what people are always saying on here lol

Very nice animals Josh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back