New S.A member

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bush_turkey

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just joined this great site after being given an approximatley 7month old beautiful male Murray Darling python who we have called Steve at the moment, for my birthday/christmas present by my partner. Have always wanted a snake but was a totally unexpected suprise to get him on Xmas eve(my bday lol), so have been thrown in at the deep end. Have quite a few questions and done several hours of looking on this site, but looking for some specific answers from some experienced handlers so will post up new threads in the appropriate topics.

I would also be grateful to hear from anybody in Adelaide who can point me in the right direction of a good snake vet for future reference, prefer NE suburbs.

Looking forward to any help and advise you guys can offer a newbie to the snake world.

Cheers, Glenn

Welcome to the site!

The best vet in my opinion would be Dr Ian Hough in lower Mitcham. Extremely helpful and has treated lots and lots of herps over the years.

Hi Glenn!!

Tonight is our monthly SA herp society meeting in town if you would like to come? I know that's not much notice but it's a good night. You can learn loads there and ask anyone the questions you need answering,

It's behind the museum on kintore ave in town we get there at 7.00 and meet any new people on kintore ave at the gate to the migration museum, anyway, just thought I would let you know!

Ask any questions you like!! There are always helpful people on here and you usually get quite a fast answer.

Hope you meet you sometime soon!!

And yes Ian Hough is the recomended herp vat in Adelaide.

Kerri

Thanks for the welcome's so far!

@ Mertle thanks for the heads up on the herp meetings would like to come along one day to see what its all about. Also does anyone have a contact number for Ian Hough? I would like to have it stored for future reference. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Glenn

Welcome Glenn!

You will find SA has some of the helpful Reptile Enthusiats in Aus! But this site is a great for meeting and learning new things from all over Aus!

Congrats on getting your snake! I live in Gawler, do you know where that is? The SA Herp Group Meetings are Great. I have only been there a few times but it is a great place to meet new people and learn lots of info.

Welcome and have a great time!
Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back