New Setup Temps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigston7

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys im after a bit of help with my snake enclosure temps.
I have a 21inch x 16 x 16 enclosure with a thermostat controlled heat lamp i have a 50 watt infared globe the enclosure is melamine top bottom and sides with a lockable glass front.
I havnt got my snake yet ive just had the setup up and running to test the temps. I have got a reptapets dial thermometer on the back wall halfway up and a digital thermo, hydro thermometer from urs with the probes mounted about an inch above the bottom the temps read about 25 to 27c in the cool area, but under the light the temps can range from 33 to 40c when the light is on or off, is that too hot or do you just take the average temp of around 36c i am planning on getting a blonde spotted python or a murray darling python this week i just want to know if that temp under the light is to hot for these snakes and if not how can i keep the temps up around the setup and the lower the temp under the light also are the readings reliable from the digital thermometer the dial thermometer on the back wall is always reading around the 30c mark.

thats pretty warm..but nothing major, it really depends on where your thermostat sensor is located or is it a basic thermostat with those gas filled bellows? Also how old would the snakes be?

i'd be aiming for 25 or less at the cool end too.

Its an on off basic thermostat that comes with reptapets setups and the snakes will be hatchlings

Its an on off basic thermostat that comes with reptapets setups and the snakes will be hatchlings

It sounds like you are intending to put two hatchlings in the same enclosure. Is that right?

no just the 1 hatchling i just havnt made my mind up which 1 to get yet

heatmat + thermo + plastic tub cant go wrong keeping a hatchy in one of those easy to clean and access plus u dont have to move every thing around to find the little guy lmao

yeah no worries but ive already gone and got this enclosure ready to go so i just want to know what the best temps are in the colder end and the warm end and under the light and if my temps which have been ranging 24c to 26c in the cool end and 29c to 32c in the warm end and around the light and 34c to 40c under the light will be ok for a hatchling

heatmat + thermo + plastic tub cant go wrong keeping a hatchy in one of those easy to clean and access plus u dont have to move every thing around to find the little guy lmao

You can lead a hourse to water, but you cant make him drink it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back