New setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiver

Not so new Member
Reaction score
iphone 007.jpgHeres a pic of my new Viv, although Ive not decided whats going in there yet:shock:

very nice, is there a thermostat connected to the heat lamp ? or just a thermometer inside ?
do you know if it will be a snake or a lizard yet ? ? ? ?

Yeah theres a habistat connected to the lamp, if you look theres a probe fixed to the back wall of the Viv

Ok Ive found some info on them from SCR not to sure how good these guys are though, do you know anyone that has got some info on them?

some info

one of my friends has them, he reccomended this site : VHS Product 3

this info is taken from APS (not my advice or info, other peoples)
Kaaza - What information are you looking for?

They are a great little monitor, one of my favourite captives. They are full of energy and are extremely agile, swinging and jumping around their enclosure.

You keep them the same as any other small Monitor, very hot with plenty of space to run around. They love to climb and make use of every available piece of space in an enclosure. Keeping them in groups works well and they seem to interact to some degree.

I feed mine primarily on Woodies, with the occasional pink mouse thrown in.

Whilst they remain skittish like most small Monitors I have not known mine to bite. I have recently placed my remaining two within a (roughly) 3x2x2 vertical enclosure with a rock background, whilst I am not 100% happy with the temperature setup yet I am tweaking it and it seems to be working quite well...

I find them to be a great display animal as they are active and quite bold.

Any specific questions, let us know..

hi im shaun here is some info on the pygmy mulga monitor (gillens monitor)

Pygmy Mulga Monitors are goannas that live in central and central-western Australia. They are found in under bark, in cracks and hollows in trees like mulga in desert areas.
Pygmy Mulga Monitors are goannas that live in central and central-western Australia. They are found in under bark, in cracks and hollows in trees like mulga in desert areas.
Pygmy Mulga Monitors eat insects and small lizards.
Pygmy Mulga Monitors flick their tongue to taste the air to find their food. They also use their senses of smell and sight.
To catch and eat their food Pygmy Mulga Monitors chase prey and catch it in their toothed jaws. Small prey is swallowed whole. They use their front teeth and claws to break apart large prey. The food is then swallowed.
Other monitors and birds of prey, such as eagles, eat Pygmy Mulga Monitors.
Pygmy Mulga Monitors walk and climb on all four legs.
They lay about three to seven eggs each breeding season. Young Pygmy Mulga Monitors look after themselves.
Pygmy Mulga Monitors like all other goannas and monitor lizards have a forked tongue that they flick in and out to 'taste' the air when searching for food.

they can cost anywhere between $100-$400 you need a basic liscense and somewhere between a 2-3 foot tank

you can keep between 2 and 4 in a 4 foot tank, but no more than 1 male per tank as they will fight,,,

hope i helped,
Kel

oh an i forgot to add, they are (well at least my mates one were) very nice to handle, and wont do completely skitzo as soon as you touch them ;)

kel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back