new turtle tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonchristie

Reaction score
the turtle tank is now done all i need is the turtles!
i will be picking up 2 oblong turtles on the 1st november along with a grey sw coastal!
its gona be like an early xmas

Attachments

• turtletank1.jpg
    turtletank1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 150
u have fish in there? i think they will eat it. Also how big are ur turtles, they mite outgrow that dock really fast.

i dont mind if they eat the fish, no biggy.
they are hatchlings and i got the dock for free so good for now i guess, ill just have to upgrade or do something else later huh

Heya, nice tank there, how big is it? :) you might want to watch the small pebbles; from my experience and from stories i've heard turtles have been known to eat pebbles and rocks smaller than their heads.. my boy thinks anything is food so will pick anything up, he even tries to eat the large polished river rocks that are about 3x larger than his head. One thing i would recommend is large polished river rocks; easy to clean, no risk of them being swallowed etc.

I have a suggestion for when your lil guys outgrow their basking area; I made an above tank basking area for my boy, which he seems to like. allows the tank to be virtually 100% full so the turts get more water to swim. just made with some perspex, screws, hinges, strips of metal and timber

2.jpg

3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back