New virus around...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Yesterday there was the "have you seen this and a weblink..."

today a new one has appeared.

I saw mitchdiamond with it.

This one is way worse! It has a link that ends in .html so it looks innocent.

It also looks like it links to a video.

Why is this happening?

People get their kicks from making these virus's... and th einnocent (like Mitchdiamond) will get blamed.

Can I ask what admin can do?

Will we have to put a ban on external links until the time as virus protection is updated?

Did you report the post when you saw it so admin can deal with it ?

How do i report it?

That's exactly why i started this thread...

Here is a copy of the post mitchdiamond put in the thread...

have you seen this?http://mailfreeptcards.com/funvideo.html That is a big snake.I have to agree with Boa.
Dont forget to see http://mailfreepoards.com/funvideo.html !

I have TAKEN OUT any chance of people pushing that weblink...

If a post has have you seen this? and followed by a weblink, no matter who it is from how reliabe they are or what the thread is about, DON'T push it...

They are always followed with Dont forget to see this and the weblink again. Don't push it!!!

I did not realize it was a virus but my anti virus had alerted me and fixed the problem

To be honest I didn't know it was a virus either.. i just got alerted when it had the "have you seen this" and ended with a "dont forget to see this" followed by the weblink.

Mitchdiamond would tell us if it wasn't a virus... :)

Be careful out there, it's a dangerous place this web....

This isn't new,

This happens daily, rules of thumb for using the internet.

Don't click on anything ending in **** unless trusted
dno't click on any emails regarding anything to do with money eg paypal, ebay and banks
run antivirus, antispyware and firewalls - with added security of a router.

I still get people saying to me the click on their Westpac bank emails to confirm their details.

This isn't new,

This happens daily, rules of thumb for using the internet.

Don't click on anything ending in **** unless trusted
dno't click on any emails regarding anything to do with money eg paypal, ebay and banks
run antivirus, antispyware and firewalls - with added security of a router.

I still get people saying to me the click on their Westpac bank emails to confirm their details.

No it's not new, but it's different from yesterday's **** link. Today it looks like a weblink to a video site. That's what makes it so dangerous (and new for this site). I just wanted to be a martyr gillsy and tell the world before it was too late :p

slim6y, use the little red triangle, complete with exclamation mark, at the top right of each individual post. If you click that, it reports the post it is attached to, to the moderators, via email.

You can even attach a little note to tell the mods why you are reporting it.

:)

i think i clicked it :shock: :shock: :shock: o dear.... lol

If you had clicked on it and it had infected your computer then you would have posted something and had it start with "have you seen this.... weblink" and it would have ended with "dont forget to see this... weblink"

It puts it in automatically to all your emails and posts.

Very annoying!

cool lol it came up with a blank page saying to turn the pop up blocker thing off and refresh so lucky i didnt hahaha

I just saw it in camoe or whaterver his name is posts in a bredli thread. Ill go report it now;)

Can everyone who has contracted these virus's PLEASE STOP POSTING ON APS until you have it fixed.

Thankyou

Donk

If you have a decent anti-virus/firewall/spam application and the definitions are up to date, you should not have a problem. Eight computers on the network in this house and none have been infected for many years.

I found on the other thread started by an infectee (we should cast them out like lepers :p) that spybot will cure it...

www.spybot.com updated definitions and that's it... I haven't heard anyone with success from norton yet.

Cheers.

Good luck... Wear protection on your computer to stop cyber transmitted diseases...

Thx slim6y, i posted that on Greebo's? sticky and a few other places....I have a few diff antivirus/spam/spyware adware and malware programs installed on my comp (tho i use Norton Internet Security 99% of the time) and the trojen was bypassing them....Norton did pick it up and say it had been fixed, but it didnt.....That Spybot is a great free program and WILL get rid of it....

Regards...
Ash...

if are infected with the virus, one way of getting rid of it is too format your computer or if u can restore your computer back to the factory setting it works too, as i was infected with this virus and thats how i got rid of mine and Norton does not pick it up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back