Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molasseslass

Reaction score
Hi!

My fiance and I got a reptile licence in early 2013 and are already hooked big time lol

We have:
2 adult bearded dragons
2 baby dragons
2 spotted pythons
1 albino Darwin
1 bredli

That will be it for at least the rest of this year as we have our wedding coming up.

Yeah, so, hi! :D

hello and welcome, it is very addictive, be sure to post some pics up

Thanks for the welcome Shotta.

No plans to breed lizards or snakes Jazeew. We like the prettyness of reptiles so they are in display enclosures and we'd never be able to fit enough in the house for breeding purposes. Breeding racks and grow-out tubs are excellent for their purpose but too boring for me lol

Are you going to place the enclosures every where in the house/arparment? Bet that would look nice, all thought it be a bit smelly.
p.s. Could you post up some pictures of your reptiles

Hi and welcome,

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

It is obligatory to post pics up of your reptiles :D everyone loves a good stickybeak.

You sound like me "I swear this is it......for now". I drive my other half crazy with my constantly expanding wish list!

DragonTank.jpg
Lil.jpg
Phil.jpg

The adult dragons

BabyDragons.jpg
BabyDragonsTank.jpg

The new babies

- - - Updated - - -

BredliiTank.jpg
Severus.jpg
Severus02.jpg

Severus - yearling bredlii

- - - Updated - - -

DarwinTank.jpg
VanillaIce01.jpg
VanillaIce02.jpg

Vanilla Ice - hatchy albino Darwin

- - - Updated - - -

Rascal.jpg
Stripes.jpg

Rascal and Stripes - yearling spotted pythons. They have display tanks but got stressed out in them so are in click-clacks at the moment

----

I think we'll be ok in sticking to our "no new reptiles" rule this year as we both had a number of want-species before getting the licence and we have ticked those off already.

I haven't noticed that the enclosures smell, even with my face in them, unless there is fresh poop. The dragons sand is washed every 2 months and the aspen/coconut fibre spot cleaned.

Last edited:
i got my license in early 2013 aswell and i only have a bearded dragon. i did a little maths ;) and thats a new reptile every 1.5 months :O. i cant believe that.

Lol, I got my reptile license at the beginning of 2013 as well

Last edited:
i got my license in early 2013 aswell and i only have a bearded dragon. i did a little maths ;) and thats a new reptile every 1.5 months :O. i cant believe that.

Most of them came in pairs lol so it wasn't quite buying every 6 weeks. 4 in the first two months of having the licence and 4 in the last two months of the year.

Do you have a central bearded dragon, colour, age?

After our much-loved bearded dragon of 13 years passed away in 2011, we decided not to replace him immediately because of the loss we felt. However last year it all started when we bought 2 juvenile beardies, and "inherited" another 2 yr old from a "broken home". At the same time, we also took in an unwanted 6 yr old bredli from another "broken home". Because we had to purchase a permit, the floodgates opened! The bredli unfortunately passed away from a tumour, but since then we have added to our collection another bredli, a murray darling, a coastal, 2 Darwins (1 albino and 1 100% het), 1 spotted, 1 jungle, 2 gammon ranges pythons, 2 thicktailed geckos, and 2 eastern water skinks.
Addictive?

Welcome, the first step is to admit that you have a problem.:)

The second is buy more reptiles

And the last step is to breed your own rats to feed you addiction, yes I am a third stepper.

Most of them came in pairs lol so it wasn't quite buying every 6 weeks. 4 in the first two months of having the licence and 4 in the last two months of the year.

Do you have a central bearded dragon, colour, age?

i have a pygmy bearded dragon 10 months old, got him when he was 1 month old and 8 cm, now 23 cm. He has a tiny bit of orange on him but more comes out when hes in the sun. he is mostly grey though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back