Newbie Q on Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liccy

Reaction score
Hi,

In the process of building a new, larger enclosure for my lil diamond. So, with the old one... i was thinking about maybe getting 1 or 2 lizards of some description... beardies perhaps? the cage is the largest of the exoterra glass terrariums 18" x 18" x 24". is that big enough for lizards of some kind? also, what heating, substrate etc.. i dont know much about them at all (i am determined to find out and expand my collection!)

Thanks!
Alicia

Those cages are really good for geckos. Heating and substrate will depend on what species you choose to keep.

I would fill it with geckos too! Cute little buggers, I've always wanted some!

gekos r the go in them enclosures it is prolly big enough for dragon hatchies but in 12 nounths u will be building another enclosure for the dragoms and this 1 will be empty agn

Get some arboreal geckos for it, something from the Oedura or Strophurus genus'. Those enclosures are just perfect for them.

:0)

thanks guys! sounds good... not real keen on something that will outgrow it... so geckoes would b cute! might start thinking about it!!

gecks are great and I'll most probably get another pair later down the track (I had thick tails) but you hardly ever see the buggers; dragons are alot more fun to watch, maybe try netted dragons.

doesnt matter if i dont see them - i work full time and do uni at nights... so they'll prob never see me either! once my new enclosure is finished... ill do some more researching!

Thanks!

if you work and go to uni like you said i wouldnt suggest a beardie, they like to be in contact with people, mine love to be hndled and jump out of the tank wen i open it for them, i would say geckos aswell or an animale that doesnt need to be handled as much, maybe a frog if you go your amphibian license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back