Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triddo83

Reaction score
Hi all, just saying hi. i have just got my reptile and amphibian licence and looking forward to building a collection a animals fast.

Welcome to the forum! What species are you looking at getting?

Hi Matt, I'm going to start with some central netted dragons and pygmy bearded dragons. Also my 5 year old son wants some long necked turtles and some red eye tree Frogs. Then maybe a blue tongue. I have to try and twist my wifes arm very hard but I would love a children's python, then a spotted python and albino Darwin python. Once I get my reptile 2 I will get some frill necks and maybe some boyd's dragons. What have you got and any opinion on what I"m looking at getting.

Don't want much do you mate;)
Just start wiht one thing see how you like it all don't rush into it
but welcome to the forum:D

Hi Matt, I'm going to start with some central netted dragons and pygmy bearded dragons. Also my 5 year old son wants some long necked turtles and some red eye tree Frogs. Then maybe a blue tongue. I have to try and twist my wifes arm very hard but I would love a children's python, then a spotted python and albino Darwin python. Once I get my reptile 2 I will get some frill necks and maybe some boyd's dragons. What have you got and any opinion on what I"m looking at getting.

I keep Cunningham's Skinks and have an Eastern Bluey. And I too am getting a dragon, mines going to be an Eastern Bearded.

My opinion of what you're wanting to get is this: Bloody awesome! If you do get all those lizards it might be an idea to start a woodie/cricket colony. Cheaper in the long run than buying insects from the petshop

Snakeluvver I don't know what AIF is so I'm going to say no.and Matt I'm thinking the colony is a good idea but it will take the good part of 2-3 years to get that colection. lucky I have acsess to some very experienced handlers that can teach me all I need to know.

Snakeluvver I don't know what AIF is so I'm going to say no.and Matt I'm thinking the colony is a good idea but it will take the good part of 2-3 years to get that colection. lucky I have acsess to some very experienced handlers that can teach me all I need to know.

I'm pretty sure it's the Australian Insect Forum.

I'm starting a colony soon, good luck with getting snakes

Australian Invertibrate Forum

'woodie' colonies aren't hard to start and you could soon find yourself with more woodies than lizards to feed them to.

Check out the marketplace, there is a guy who sells colony starters for woodies at quite a reasonable price and will provide every detail you need. Another option would be to research woodie colonies and then buy bulk from live foods

Hey mate, all sounds good.. I would start with the more simpler easy to handle herps you said like the central netted and pygmys.. I don't know too much bout the netted dragons but I do have pygmys and they are great little pets and like centrals,very easy to handle and rather docile ..well unless u get a wild one lol.. (btw I'll be selling some in a couple of months ;)) lol.. And also the long neck turtles shouldn't be too much of a hassle.. Jeez ur gonna need alot of space with that list.. And alot if time n money lol..but hey..there well worth it.. Boyds I've heard are abit more of a requirement than the netted/ pygmys.. But I dunno they seem ok to me..but yeh anyway def suggest starting small (so to speak) and building up as you go and get the hang of it
good luck =]

Hi and welcome and good luck with building up a good reptile collection but take your time do plenty of research on everything dont buy more than you can afford both In money and more importanrly time wise

Thanks for all the comments, looking forward to starting my collection after Christmas holidays, some have questioned time and money, don,t worry I work from home and run my own business, so all is good. does anybody have any medication that makes a wife want a snake.lol

Hey mate i have a short necked turtle sorta the same to a long neck
they are really good pets but quite expensive due to water filter and the lighting i wouldnt recomend them as pets as they do get quite boring but it depends what your into
cheers Liam

thanks for that advise liam, the turtle is for my son so will still get it. once he gets bored will sell them off. never know may love them to bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back