Newbie!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyM

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, what a great site!. I've learnt heaps already, had no idea how much I didn't know......My beautiful girl is a 3yo Children's, though just starting to get a bit snappy sometimes. She latched on to my hand a few weeks back and was rolling and coiling around like mad, 5 minutes later I thought to run her under the tap, which she hated (haha). Then I read here that it's what you're supposed to do - imagine that. Have now started feeding in a separate tank, will see how it goes.

I have just gotten a B1ME thermostat with the magic eye - wondering if I could get anyone's opinion. She is in a URS viv 65x65x40cm with a heat pad under, 60w purple light outside (they're both connected to the stat - r u supposed to do that ?), UV in daytime and bark substrate. She sheds every 2/3 months or so, and always takes her food easily, 1 mouse a week . The temp has a big variance over 24 hrs though, 22deg in the morning and up to 30 in the afternoon - even with the stat. Also, is it impossible to make a temp gradient in such a small area ? Thanks

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 111
Welcome to the site have fun, you should check out the chat page

welcome to the site, for memory people recommend 32 degrees, but i may be wrong, i am only reasonably new to all this

Welcome to the site, you snake is beautiful, and your set up looks great. your doing everything just fine, thoi most will suggest you remove the bark in favour of news/butchers paper, for hygine purposes, but otherwize, spot on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back