Newer Invert pics (pic heavy :O)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that the feet of centipedes contain a poison that can irritate the skin. (And picking them up has always resulted in me feeling this to be true, however the placebo effect is powerful so...). I have been bitten by one pede (flipped a log and it took refuge in my shoe), bloody hurts.

Thanks for the collecting info, sounds rather interesting. Do you know if there are any specific regulations around endangered inverts?

I have heard that the feet of centipedes contain a poison that can irritate the skin. (And picking them up has always resulted in me feeling this to be true, however the placebo effect is powerful so...). I have been bitten by one pede (flipped a log and it took refuge in my shoe), bloody hurts.

Thanks for the collecting info, sounds rather interesting. Do you know if there are any specific regulations around endangered inverts?

never heard of that?
ive handled mine before.
get pics of the ones you find

They dont have poison feet, just sharp hooks that can make your skin tingle.
And nick thats very irresponsible considering your allergic.

@Geckphotographer: not to many inverts are endangered, but overcollecting is starting to get more common :(
@Ben: thanks mate, my first scorp i found :D
@Alex: they can bite me if they want, i will never die
@Crail: they are escape artists, what was your tank like?

Nothing creeps me out more than centipedes!! Have always had a phobia of them since I was little.. I will happily catch a spider or scorpion or whatever, but put a pede infront of me and im outta there quick smart..
We get some around here all the time though, dark blue/black with orange/red legs.. I cant tell you exactly as I aint getting close enough to look!

Nothing creeps me out more than centipedes!! Have always had a phobia of them since I was little.. I will happily catch a spider or scorpion or whatever, but put a pede infront of me and im outta there quick smart..
We get some around here all the time though, dark blue/black with orange/red legs.. I cant tell you exactly as I aint getting close enough to look!

yes they are creepy :p
sounds like you find cormocephalus westwoodi - common round where you are
SDC10612.jpg

thanks Brett :)

yeah they are escape artists, was there any holes in the tank?

great thread, if i post a pic of my scorpion could you guys tell me what it is? possibly if its male or female?

I used to keep a huge blck and orange one i found, man this thing was crazy, used to decapitate garden skinks. had him for about 3 years before it died.

I just gotta share my new scorps with you.15 rainforest scorpions, I bought them for $2.00 each about 3 weeks ago, they had just come off the mothers back.
8616d778.jpg
492967bf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back